Is Bad Service Normal from DJI ?
924 5 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

I returned my Mavic pro under warranty to recieve notice that i would be supplied with a refurbished unit.
At first i wasnt keen on the idea but after speaking to a rep at DJi i was assured they were tested and as good as new.

I received the replacement Mavic Pro but Unfortunately the refurbished unit is faulty with a jumpy gimbal and jerky video dispite the usual updates, calibrations etc...
I contacted DJI and supplied sample video footage of the problem and i got a reply which looks like a standard...... sorry about the trouble etc. etc. We will do everything to fix.. etc..

But i have send three emails to the repair centre in Netherlands .nl who supplied the replacement explaining the urgency and how i have to film a wedding this weekend and was hoping this would be given priority as i needed a reliable drone asap.......... BUT NO REPLY FROM DJI TO MY EMAILS.

I have bought many DJI drones over the years, osmos + and other DJI products.
This is my first time having to deal with a faulty unit under warranty and i was just wondering am i unlucky or is this BAD SERVICE from DJI normal ?????

So dissapointing..........
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi mpdigiman, sorry for your experience with our support team, I checked the system, the new case number has been created and our support has tried to call you but you were unreachable. Then email has been sent to you with the new case number, just to clarify, did the jumpy gimbal issue happen only once or happen every time? Did you make more tests?
2018-3-13
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-13 19:13
Hi mpdigiman, sorry for your experience with our support team, I checked the system, the new case number has been created and our support has tried to call you but you were unreachable. Then email has been sent to you with the new case number, just to clarify, did the jumpy gimbal issue happen only once or happen every time? Did you make more tests?

Hi Mindy, The gimbal issue has happened in about two out of ten video clips. not all the time but you never know when it will strike. Regularly (but I don't have recorded footage as proof) when turning in flight (yawing left or right) the gimbal will twist and turn and jump all over the place until the drone come to a hover.  Its so bad it looks like your were doing a calibrations in flight.

Have you seen the sample footage I provided? if so its pretty bad right?
My own drone was in better condition as the fault was not this bad.

As for the new case, yes I since received an email but that is beside the point, DJI let me down, they sent me a faulty unit.  I contacted DJI repair centre via email and almost pleaded for them to help me with a speedy fix. They NEVER got back to me. I had to ring support speak to a representative and set up a new case number. Seems that's all I am to DJI -  'A CASE NUMBER'.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mpdigiman Posted at 2018-3-14 06:13
Hi Mindy, The gimbal issue has happened in about two out of ten video clips. not all the time but you never know when it will strike. Regularly (but I don't have recorded footage as proof) when turning in flight (yawing left or right) the gimbal will twist and turn and jump all over the place until the drone come to a hover.  Its so bad it looks like your were doing a calibrations in flight.

Have you seen the sample footage I provided? if so its pretty bad right?

If the issue happens frequently, we recommend to send in for another evaluation. The email support is not like online chat and the reply may be not that fast, and our support has tried to call you but failed, we sincerely apologize for the experience with us. The case has been created and we recommend to send in at your most convenience. Thank you.
2018-3-15
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-15 01:23
If the issue happens frequently, we recommend to send in for another evaluation. The email support is not like online chat and the reply may be not that fast, and our support has tried to call you but failed, we sincerely apologize for the experience with us. The case has been created and we recommend to send in at your most convenience. Thank you.

Thank you Mindy for your contribution. Given the mess this has turned into due to the supply of a faulty unit, lack of communication and DJI.NL to refuse to reply to emails.
There are just two words for this......

'BAD SERVICE'
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mpdigiman Posted at 2018-3-15 03:36
Thank you Mindy for your contribution. Given the mess this has turned into due to the supply of a faulty unit, lack of communication and DJI.NL to refuse to reply to emails.
There are just two words for this......

We apologize again for your unpleasant experience, online chat and phone contact are the most efficient and fastest way to obtain support, we will keep shortening the email response time and improving our customer service, hope you will have a better experience with us in the future.
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules