Choppy Video. Help Please.
908 7 2018-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_723Dvno4bPgl
lvl.1
United States

I have a relatively new P4P.  I have been flying routinely and taking photos.  Now, I am trying to learn how to video.  The live view and playback are choppy on most every video.  I started with 4k video @ 30 fps and have now tried most all the other options with the same result.  Yesterday I calibrated the IMU and gimbal, no change.  I am using a Sandisk Extreme 16gb card. I would appreciate any suggestions.  Even a simple short 10 second pan will stop several times.
2018-3-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I presume you are looking at the files on the SD card in the aircraft? Those are the only real full quality files. But do not play them back from the SD card, or you will be limited by the speed of the SD card port. Copy the files to your hard disk or SSD first, then play them.

If you are still getting poor playback, try downloading a copy of the free VLCPlayer, it handles almost any video. If you are still having a problem after that, then you need a better and faster computer.
2018-3-13
Use props
djiuser_723Dvno4bPgl
lvl.1
United States

I have a pretty fast pc, very fast when I built it but may have to be upgraded.  However, the video is choppy in live view at the time I take it as displayed on ipad mini 4.  Then files are downloaded to pc, and they play back the same as when originally recorded.
2018-3-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_723Dvno4bPgl Posted at 2018-3-13 16:40
I have a pretty fast pc, very fast when I built it but may have to be upgraded.  However, the video is choppy in live view at the time I take it as displayed on ipad mini 4.  Then files are downloaded to pc, and they play back the same as when originally recorded.

Where are you downloading them from? If they still look choppy, then you are probably getting the files from the cache in the iPad Mini 4. Try popping the SD card out of the aircraft, it has the real files. Place the SD card in an adapter and copy them to your PC. BTW, the files may look glitchy when viewed on the iPad Mini 4, but that is relatively normal, they are a downscaled copy to be used for framing and preview purposes only, and can be subject to transmission problems.

2018-3-13
Use props
djiuser_723Dvno4bPgl
lvl.1
United States

Yes, I take the card out of the aircraft and insert it into my card reader on my pc.  

The ipad mini 4 screen will freeze up for seconds then video will continue and stop again.  I can't see how one could even tell what you were filming with the screen acting like that.  I've seen the djigo 4 cache.  is there a particular setting that I need.  There is nothing else on the ipad mini but the djigo 4 app.  I tried the VLC player and seemed to be the same; however, I will try again tomorrow and play those as well.  My biggest problem at present is the ipad mini display while recording; today it stopped continuously while trying a simple pan.  A few days ago when I first started videoing, it seemed to work much better but still occasionally stopped.  Now, it  stops all the time.  
2018-3-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_723Dvno4bPgl Posted at 2018-3-13 16:58
Yes, I take the card out of the aircraft and insert it into my card reader on my pc.  

The ipad mini 4 screen will freeze up for seconds then video will continue and stop again.  I can't see how one could even tell what you were filming with the screen acting like that.  I've seen the djigo 4 cache.  is there a particular setting that I need.  There is nothing else on the ipad mini but the djigo 4 app.  I tried the VLC player and seemed to be the same; however, I will try again tomorrow and play those as well.  My biggest problem at present is the ipad mini display while recording; today it stopped continuously while trying a simple pan.  A few days ago when I first started videoing, it seemed to work much better but still occasionally stopped.  Now, it  stops all the time.

I can't answer that. The Mini4 is one of DJIs recommended devices. But having said that, their developers keep pumping up the bloat in the Go Apps and devices that previously did work fine are now on the iffy side.
2018-3-13
Use props
James R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423871 ft
United States

djiuser_723Dvno4bPgl Posted at 2018-3-13 16:58
Yes, I take the card out of the aircraft and insert it into my card reader on my pc.  

The ipad mini 4 screen will freeze up for seconds then video will continue and stop again.  I can't see how one could even tell what you were filming with the screen acting like that.  I've seen the djigo 4 cache.  is there a particular setting that I need.  There is nothing else on the ipad mini but the djigo 4 app.  I tried the VLC player and seemed to be the same; however, I will try again tomorrow and play those as well.  My biggest problem at present is the ipad mini display while recording; today it stopped continuously while trying a simple pan.  A few days ago when I first started videoing, it seemed to work much better but still occasionally stopped.  Now, it  stops all the time.

Try changing the cord you have running from the Ipad to the controller. Seems to be one of the common fixes.
2018-3-13
Use props
djiuser_723Dvno4bPgl
lvl.1
United States

Thanks, I will remember the cord.  However, I turned off the cache in the app and swapped micro cards.   And, the videos were great today.  I don't know if either of the changes I made were the problem, but it seems to be working ok now.
2018-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules