Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What wrap?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarkZero
Second Officer
Flight distance : 923127 ft
Australia

Hi everyone,

I want to make my P4A more visible in the bright sky, what do you recommend? Bright orange was my first thought. I do like the idea of the wetsuit but really i am not going to be filming in the rain.

High quality i am after, 3M backing and all that stuff
2018-3-13
Use props
Loki007420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128832 ft
United States

I'm also curious about this this.   I was thinking red, couldn't did orange.    But I'm not sure what, where to buy, I'm afraid they won't fit..
2018-3-13
Use props
DarkZero
Second Officer
Australia

I found this site in the US https://www.istyles.com/skins/drone/dji-phantom-4/
2018-3-13
Use props
DarkZero
Second Officer
Australia

Phantomrain.org 1 Posted at 2018-3-13 21:50
The Wetsuits do more than protect the drone from the rain.     They keep the battery secure , cover the clips on the legs , and handle the extreme cold weather.    They provide a visual that is unmatched in the sky.    The Phantomrain wetsuits are the best way to go.    The Trauma 1 is the best visual do to its contrast in the sky.    You would think that the all red would be best but it is not.

I know about your product, We don't get extreme lows in Australia. Rains come with winds and the battery is locked in by two locks already. Not to mention its insane price wise over here.

thanks for your input.
2018-3-14
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1443894 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dark, bung on a couple of strobe lights. Fair visibility and can help orientation.
2018-3-14
Use props
DarkZero
Second Officer
Australia

Phantomrain.org 1 Posted at 2018-3-14 12:47
This guy just sent us these pictures of his Phantom Obsidian and  I do not think he is going to see  any rain either but none the less,   he is prepared and has some good visibility in the sky , just stunning the contrast along with all the added benefits , all of which make every flight a little less stress full.     
[view_image]

STOP IT! lol i don't have the money to blow $140 on a sticker kit, doesn't matter how awesome it is lol

yes this is humor, its on my list but still too expensive at the moment.

man that phantom looks nice.
2018-3-14
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

DarkZero Posted at 2018-3-14 13:02
STOP IT! lol i don't have the money to blow $140 on a sticker kit, doesn't matter how awesome it is lol

yes this is humor, its on my list but still too expensive at the moment.

If your looking for high visability so you can see the drone much easier at distance then your best option would be some form of lighting like lume cubes or pen lights. With these attached you can increase your visability range by well over a kilometer.
If you just want the drone to look good close up then go for one of the many sticker options available but these will be useless at altitude or distance.
2018-3-14
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Australia

Phantomrain.org 1 Posted at 2018-3-14 12:47
This guy just sent us these pictures of his Phantom Obsidian and  I do not think he is going to see  any rain either but none the less,   he is prepared and has some good visibility in the sky , just stunning the contrast along with all the added benefits , all of which make every flight a little less stress full.     
[view_image]

How does that wetsuit make the drone more visible in the sky?
Come on were not stupid the damn thing is arleady black the wetsuit makes absolutly no difference to its visability at distance against a bright sky.
Really wish you would stop pushing these things on here.
Do you have any actuall constructive comments other than trying to sell your product?
2018-3-14
Use props
Amateur Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

Do a search on ebay, they have body wraps of all kinds/all colors...carbon fiber ($15-$25)
2018-3-14
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
Second Officer
United States

Wraps make very little difference for visibility.
2018-3-14
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Australia

Phantomrain.org 1 Posted at 2018-3-14 13:49
was pointing out that the color black itself does make a difference  in the sky ,  I was also pointing out if you are going to get a WRAP ,  to be more visual that this is a fantastic option.  Believe me I feel your hate, anger and seething resentment on every post you make towards us.       We do appreciate it as it give us a chance to respond.

The Wet Suits have sold over 5000 units,  we enjoy them for the comforts they bring,  rain is just one of them  , they added new life to the Phantom 4 , the Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom Advanced.     

Your point is completly mute about the color black as the obsidian is already black so how does putting a black wetsuit on a black drone enhance its visabily in anyway.
You might as well be putting white stickers on a white drone and say it looks much better now.
Yes you may have done some videos and each of those videos was purely designed to help sell your product which again i remind you is against forum rules to advertise 3rd party products in this forum.
I do not hate you or your product i think you have a good product that may have its uses under certain circumstances.
What i do hate is your blatant advertising on this forum if people want to buy your product then im happy for you and them but this is not the place for you to be pushing your product.
The videos that you have produced tho insightfull have only given some people especially those new to droning the idea that drones can fly in the rain, this i find very disturbing and dangerous.
People are gulible. Especially the young ive seen way to many  videos of young people doing stupid things with their drones including flying in the rain then wonder why their drones fail and come crashing back down to earth.
You may have sold over 5000 units wow who cares!

The point im trying to make is that you are going against forum rules by advertising on here.
You only comment when its about pushing your products not actually giving constructive advice.

If you keep advertising on this forum i will continue to report you as advertising and eventually admins will do something about it.
As ive already mentioned i have nothing against you or your pruduct i have an issue simply with your advertsing on this forum and im asking you politly to please stop it

2018-3-14
Use props
Alaska -Quincy
New

United States

Phantomrain.org 1 Posted at 2018-3-14 13:49
was pointing out that the color black itself does make a difference  in the sky ,  I was also pointing out if you are going to get a WRAP ,  to be more visual that this is a fantastic option.  Believe me I feel your hate, anger and seething resentment on every post you make towards us.       We do appreciate it as it give us a chance to respond.

The Wet Suits have sold over 5000 units,  we enjoy them for the comforts they bring,  rain is just one of them  , they added new life to the Phantom 4 , the Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom Advanced.     

I really enjoy seeing what is possible with the Phantom  and all the videos you have posted.   What I do not enjoy is this HELLSGATE character.       All of his posts towards you  have been threatening nasty and ugly that is for sure.

He is one bad apple , dont let that stop you from contributing .  Not once have I ever thought that your posts were not contributing in a big way .     Your love for the phantom comes thru on every video you have posted .        

2018-3-14
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Australia

In what way have my posts been threatening ugly and nasty?
I have never threatened anybody on this forum.
If my posts appear ugly and nasty to you then that is your opinion it certainly was not my intention.
I simply dont appreciate people breaking the rules for personal gain.
Dji have set rules on this forum for a very good reason.
I stand by my conviction that this advertising should be stopped.
Otherwise it leaves it open for anyone to come here and flood this forum with adds.
2018-3-14
Use props
DarkZero
Second Officer
Australia

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-3-14 13:22
If your looking for high visability so you can see the drone much easier at distance then your best option would be some form of lighting like lume cubes or pen lights. With these attached you can increase your visability range by well over a kilometer.
If you just want the drone to look good close up then go for one of the many sticker options available but these will be useless at altitude or distance.

thanks for the tip, i will look into these.
2018-3-14
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Captain
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Phantomrain.org 1 Posted at 2018-3-14 15:03
Awesome: thank you
Hellsgate : He is always talking about kids, children protecting them ,  and that bothers me for obvious reasons.  At one point he was coming across as the head administrator for DJI but we have worked with Susan before on a fly away that she helped us get a return on so we just let him play this game.  

The only problem with what you say is that your forum user name comes awfully close to a web site that is  advertising this product.  Are you financially involved with this product in any way?  If so, I'd recommend that you at least disclose that.
2018-3-14
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Australia

Hellsgate : He is always talking about kids, children protecting them ,  and that bothers me for obvious reasons.  At one point he was coming across as the head administrator for DJI but we have worked with Susan before on a fly away that she helped us get a return on so we just let him play this game.  

In your comment you said im always talking about children and this bothers you.
Well i would like you to clarify this and exactly what are you insinuating?
Yes i have commented about young pilots but that in no way insinuates i was talking about children.I would like you to explain exactly what obvious reasons you are bothered by my comments about young pilots.
And can you please provide proof to this forum were you have seen me taliking about children on as you see so many occasions.
If you have an issue with me wanting to protect children then please explain what that issue is.
Im calling you out on this because you have now made a personal accusation against me. And i have every right to know exactly what proof do you have to substantiate such an accusation.
2018-3-14
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Australia

Hellsgate : He is always talking about kids, children protecting them ,  and that bothers me for obvious reasons.  At one point he was coming across as the head administrator for DJI but we have worked with Susan before on a fly away that she helped us get a return on so we just let him play this game.  

At which point in any conversations ive ever had with anybody in this forum have i come across as head administrator of this forum?
Again yet another unfounded accusation that has no basis.
I fully support dji and there admins as well as the rules that apply to this forum.
So please explain what you are basing this observation on.
2018-3-14
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Australia

My apologies for the interuption to this thread
2018-3-14
Use props
DarkZero
Second Officer
Australia

Phantomrain.org 1 Posted at 2018-3-14 15:54
Add this to it and its a game changer.

We tested a lot of light bars and we think that this light bar looks the best and for the price of $9 is just a great way to go.    We made a video of it flying in the sky  but I think these pictures will do justice for them.     We do not sell them, they are made by another company but none the less , very nice for visual enhancement and orientation in the sky .

Who makes these? also adding all this stuff obviously adds weight, does performance suffer and flight time?
2018-3-15
Use props
DarkZero
Second Officer
Australia

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-3-14 17:41
My apologies for the interuption to this thread

apology accepted.
2018-3-15
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Australia

DarkZero Posted at 2018-3-15 14:53
Who makes these? also adding all this stuff obviously adds weight, does performance suffer and flight time?

Yes all lights will add a certain amount of weight.
Lume cubes and pen lights would be the least wind resistant option.
Light bars such as the one shown having such a large surface area would reduce max speed down conciderably and make the drone more suseptable to wind turbulence.So if you fly in any form of wind or turbulance then lume cubes or pen lights would be your best option.
Lume cubes are slighly more expensive and last far longer than pen lights both can be rotated to point in any direction i also believe that lume cubes depending on quality are far brighter than pen lights.
You can do a google search to look for drone lume cubes and pen lights there are a number of different suppliers for these products.
2018-3-15
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Australia

You asked wether flight time would be reduced well simply the answer is adding any form of weight or wind resistance to a drone means that more power is required to maintain flight.
This can vary as there are a few variables that come into play for example wind resistance and turbulance these two being uncontrollable variables make it nearlly impossible to calculate how much extra power would be used.
So the answer is yes adding lights will reduce flight time by a varying degree this may only be a slight amount or depending on your light choice could be a large amount
2018-3-15
Use props
DarkZero
Second Officer
Australia

I have to also be mindful to stay below 2KG in Australia. Thanks for all the replies
2018-3-15
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

A old thread just for the inspiration.
2018-3-16
Use props
DaveW
Flight distance : 110994 ft

Phantomrain.org 1 Posted at 2018-3-13 21:50
The Wetsuits do more than protect the drone from the rain.     They keep the battery secure , cover the clips on the legs , and handle the extreme cold weather.    They provide a visual that is unmatched in the sky.    The Phantomrain wetsuits are the best way to go.    The Trauma 1 is the best visual do to its contrast in the sky.    You would think that the all red would be best but it is not.

Do you have a URL for these please?
2018-3-31
Use props
dorbot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 844770 ft

http://www.flytron.com/led-light ... ree-standalone.html
Can get 3D printed mounts for each phantom model too.

Not a wrap, but drones all appear small and black at distance no matter what colour they are.
I don't really see the point in wraps. If you can see the colour then its close enough to see without a wrap anyway.
Perhaps wraps have some merit if you are flying nearby and there are other drones also nearby.

"Waterproofing" wraps are up to you if you enjoy flying in the rain.

One can also fly underwater if you are in a big submarine........  
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules