Is a new P3 supposed to make a "machine-sound" (a fan?) when sitting?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Hello folks

Are your P3(Pro) also making a fairly audibile sound/noise when you power it on? Not beeping sounds, and it does not seem to come the gimble. It sounds like there is a fan going inside the quadcopter?

Please advice.

PS: I am one of the unlucky stuck-to-iOS folks who waits impatiently for the iOS app, so I cant fly. But for others in the same situation, you CAN try to control the gimbel and even take 4K video and snapshots with the controls on the remote and grab them off the microSD. O

-
Buy your DJI-gear, batteries, cases by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-5
Use props
jeff.wyman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3194669 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I too am waiting for the ios app.

There's definitely a noise, more of a humming, but understand how you can describe it as a fan.

I have been taking stills and movies too - just because . . .
2015-5-5
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

Mine makes the same fan sound.  I'm hoping it is a fan and not something that got bumped out of whack in the poor packaging in shipping.  Everything seems to be working fine.  
2015-5-5
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Two Snakes Posted at 2015-5-6 02:24
Mine makes the same fan sound.  I'm hoping it is a fan and not something that got bumped out of whac ...

Great, it sounds like it is perfectly normal and we all have it. That should hopefully mean out birds (with clipped wings) are healthy :-)

It was a bit surprising to have this fairly loud humming because the P2V+ does not sound anything like it. Do we have confirmation of a fan being inside the body? It would make sense that some of the heavy computing going on, not least when recording 4K, would need some sort of cooling. Even the P2V+ could get fairly toasty if it sat indoors powered on for a while.
2015-5-5
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

It is a fan in the gimbal plate.
2015-5-5
Use props
Francisco_Galar
lvl.1

United States

My P3 makes a loud sound too.

Here's a video:
2015-5-5
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Francisco_Galar Posted at 2015-5-6 03:16
My P3 makes a loud sound too.

Here's a video: https://youtu.be/eeq8ueVxkWU

Yup, thats the sound.

Perhaps DJI should have advised that it is normal that it makes that sound (even the Lightbridge in the Remote Controller can start making a noise).

And then they can learn something from Apple fan-design - the fans in my MBPr spin at 2000rpm in 'idle' and is completely inaudiable.
2015-5-5
Use props
me
lvl.2

United Kingdom

It quite surprised me, but the controller has a fan too that cuts in after a while...
2015-5-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

me@nickgage.co. Posted at 2015-5-6 04:16
It quite surprised me, but the controller has a fan too that cuts in after a while...

Yes there are two fans on on top of the gimbal plate and the other in the Tx.  You may also hear some clicks from the ultrasonic transmitter.  It is all perfectly normal.
2015-5-5
Use props
jaykingy77
New
Flight distance : 170591 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, can anybody advise me on a fix for this. I've only owned this for a couple of days, it hasn't even been flown.https://www.dropbox.com/s/84orh5 ... 623_161809.mp4?dl=0
2016-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules