No GPS at 4 positions
1088 6 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WIllem Vos
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi ,

I have my Spark a few weeks now , today a did take it out for the 2th time .

Spark and remote was connected via cable and Android phone .

I could fly but no GPS so a lot of functiuns also not working , i did try this at 4 different places but at all the places there was no GPS ...

Very disepointed , what to do or to check ...

2018-3-14
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
United States

RC, OTG, Android and DJI GO4 are not working well together. that means not showing you all the telemetry data.
the OTG cable seems to work fine with iOS.
if you want to use OTG (this is the cable to connect phone and remote) with Android then you need to downgrade the DJI GO4 app to .15 version

by the way, DJI is not recommending using an OTG cable as it was not fully tested. try connecting RC with Phone via WiFi and see if you can read all the telemetry data including GPS.

2018-3-14
Use props
WIllem Vos
lvl.2
Netherlands

Is using OTG and Android the reason that i don,t get any GPS...? really?
2018-3-14
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

You don’t need OTG...works fine without...
2018-3-14
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

You won't get certain data from the App using OTG cable. Connect Phone to RC Wifi and all data will be present

I don't know why they omitted OTG (though it works in iOS but still not recommended). Mine flies fine with the RC's Wifi. Use Airplane mode too. if in residential area you may get errors on the App or it may go to ATTI mode for a few moments. If it stays in ATTI mode for any reason, switch to Sport mode on the controller and that will help you fly back.

Winds can be 20x stronger at higher altitudes. Use the App UAV Forecast, and set to altitudes you plan on flying in. Fly out upwind to ensure you have enough to get the aircraft back safely.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Please try to connect your mobile device to the RC wirelessly, see if it works. if it persists, please provide some screenshots or a short video about this issue for better assistance.
2018-3-16
Use props
WIllem Vos
lvl.2
Netherlands

Ok thx , its is raining to day  
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules