Upgrade fail
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mortenak.gmail
New
Flight distance : 394587 ft
Norway

Hi and HELP.

I have not used my Phantom 3 Pro for a while and wanted to try it before selling it. The app told me to upgrade so I started to upgrade the remote. After downloading and a short time of installation it failed. I had to turn everything off. When I now turn on the remote there is no sound and the light is solid green even thou it is not connecting.

I tried to check the firmware version for the controller in the app and it says not available.

I have tried the c1+c2+wheel+shutter+on button reset, but with no luck. I seem to make no difference.

Is there anyone that has any idea what I can do to get back to installation?

2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, could you get the image transmission in the APP? Does the gimbal respond when you toggle the gimbal dial? Please help us confirm, thanks!
Also, please refer below and try to reset again to see whether it helps.
Turn off the RC, hold the C1+C2+record button+gimbal dial at the same time, then turn on the RC, connect the APP to refresh the firmware from Oversea Status.
2018-3-15
Use props
mortenak.gmail
New
Flight distance : 394587 ft
Norway

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-15 00:51
Hi there, could you get the image transmission in the APP? Does the gimbal respond when you toggle the gimbal dial? Please help us confirm, thanks!
Also, please refer below and try to reset again to see whether it helps.
Turn off the RC, hold the C1+C2+record button+gimbal dial at the same time, then turn on the RC, connect the APP to refresh the firmware from Oversea Status.

Thank you for your answer. I have fixed the problem.
Since the remote had a faulty firmware nothing worked or responded. No contact with the drone, no reset command or anything worked. I read somewhere that you could disconnect the battery for 10 sec to hard reset the remote. So I opened it up, disconnected the battery and put it back together. When I started the remote again I got the option to install the firmware again, luckily.

From that on I was able to upgrade the P3 and all the batteries.

I am glad that worked, but there should have been a way to hard reset the device other than disconnecting the battery in the first place...

Thanks again for your answer. Hope this can be helpful for others as well.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mortenak.gmail Posted at 2018-3-15 05:53
Thank you for your answer. I have fixed the problem.
Since the remote had a faulty firmware nothing worked or responded. No contact with the drone, no reset command or anything worked. I read somewhere that you could disconnect the battery for 10 sec to hard reset the remote. So I opened it up, disconnected the battery and put it back together. When I started the remote again I got the option to install the firmware again, luckily.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Anyway, nice to know you have figured it out so quickly Safe flying!
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules