Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GEO SYSTEM
1169 6 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
inspirelwdd
lvl.1

United States

INSPIRE 2 and the DJI GO 4  app. When I first connected up my Inspire 2 with the iPad Pro I started to kick the tires of all the settings in the DJI GO 4 app. One setting I notice on the General Settings page was "GEO SYSTEM" of which you can toggle on/off. The option no longer exists on my General Settings page. I have the latest firmware on the Inspire 2 which I loaded with DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0
2018-3-14
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

correct, this is on full time now and not a option anymore as you noticed.

Rich
2018-3-14
Use props
inspirelwdd
lvl.1

United States

Thank you Rich for your response, however I didn't correctly state the issue. The problem I'm having is that the GEO SYSTEM option no longer exists in my DJI GO 4 app. ITS GONE. Does not appear on the General Settings page. I have latest Inspire 2 firmware and latest version app. How do I get it back????
2018-3-14
Use props
inspirelwdd
lvl.1

United States

To add to this dilemma, I want to add the reason why I want that GEO SYSTEM option back in my DJI GO 4 app. I'm flying an area for mapping that I've been doing for a couple years. Started out when I had an Inspire 1. However, now I'm running in to GEO Fencing issues that I never had before. The area I checked in http://www.dji.com/flysafe where you can get unlocking codes to fly. Problem is the area is not restricted, its not red, green or yellow per DJI coding. Its none of that, but my Inspire 2 cannot fly in the north part of the area. ITS BLOCKED by Geo fencing and it doesn't appear on the DJI map. So, I thought the GEO SYSTEM option in General Settings would at least give me the opportunity to toggle the option OFF. That's my goal. At least when turned off the old system is available where you get a code on your cell phone to unlock and fly away to perform your flight plan. See my dilemma?
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

inspirelwdd Posted at 2018-3-14 09:18
To add to this dilemma, I want to add the reason why I want that GEO SYSTEM option back in my DJI GO 4 app. I'm flying an area for mapping that I've been doing for a couple years. Started out when I had an Inspire 1. However, now I'm running in to GEO Fencing issues that I never had before. The area I checked in http://www.dji.com/flysafe where you can get unlocking codes to fly. Problem is the area is not restricted, its not red, green or yellow per DJI coding. Its none of that, but my Inspire 2 cannot fly in the north part of the area. ITS BLOCKED by Geo fencing and it doesn't appear on the DJI map. So, I thought the GEO SYSTEM option in General Settings would at least give me the opportunity to toggle the option OFF. That's my goal. At least when turned off the old system is available where you get a code on your cell phone to unlock and fly away to perform your flight plan. See my dilemma?

You can try writing to flysafe@dji.com as they may be able to assist you on this point.
2018-3-14
Use props
fansd17af852
lvl.3
Flight distance : 518373 ft
  • >>>

To add to this dilemma, I want to add the reason why I want that GEO SYSTEM option back in my DJI GO 4 app. I'm flying an area for mapping that I've been doing for a couple years. Started out when I had an Inspire 1. However, now I'm running in to GEO Fencing issues that I never had before. The area I checked in http://www.dji.com/flysafe where you can get unlocking codes to fly. Problem is the area is not restricted, its not red, green or yellow per DJI coding. Its none of that, but my Inspire 2 cannot fly in the north part of the area. ITS BLOCKED by Geo fencing and it doesn't appear on the DJI map. So, I thought the GEO SYSTEM option in General Settings would at least give me the opportunity to toggle the option OFF. That's my goal. At least when turned off the old system is available where you get a code on your cell phone to unlock and fly away to perform your flight plan. See my dilemma?

Everything this dude said. I am in a mythical NFZ. This is extremely problematic as I have been flying the same small waypoint mission for a client using hanger autopilot to do a weekly addition to a time lapse and no auto pilot won’t let me fly because I and 4 miles from an unsaved airport and 3 miles from a school
2018-7-7
Use props
fansd17af852
lvl.3
Flight distance : 518373 ft
  • >>>

Everything this dude said. I am in a mythical NFZ. This is extremely problematic as I have been flying the same small waypoint mission for a client using hanger autopilot to do a weekly addition to a time lapse and no auto pilot won’t let me fly because I and 4 miles from an unsaved airport and 3 miles from a school
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules