Copies
1025 19 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wrinkley Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5994 ft
United Kingdom

Has any one tried out a copy of the P4 battery.

The price is very tempting.

Regards Bob

2018-3-14
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Bob the price of  non genuine batteries is tempting but when you think  about the safety  of your ac and charging enviroment is it worth taking the risk  for a few quid ?  i  think you do get what you pay for , in fact i wouldn't even use a genuine second hand battery  that i didn't know the history of ?
Sorry if i didn't answer your question  but my advise would be to stay with the genuine parts
2018-3-14
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I agree with deucedog also using non genuine accessories can void warranty on your drone if it causes a failure.
The price may look tempting but if something goes wrong the saving you make on the battery will not cover the cost of repairing your drone.
2018-3-14
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Yup.   And if you look at the handful of dollars- or quid - saved versus problem with drone, it's probably not worth it.
2018-3-14
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

I tried that popular knockoff battery on my Advanced as I received a brand new one for free. Figured I could use it for updates and messing around with camera settings as I wasn’t going to fly with it. Power something I recall. After 5 minutes of just messing with camera settings I turned it off and pulled the battery out. It had to be three times hotter than a DJI battery after a full flight. The whole aircraft felt like an oven. Garbage.  Still have it with one charge on it. Not sure what to do with the damn thing.
2018-3-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you referring to Powerextra?
2018-3-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Archangel3356 Posted at 2018-3-14 16:58
I tried that popular knockoff battery on my Advanced as I received a brand new one for free. Figured I could use it for updates and messing around with camera settings as I wasn’t going to fly with it. Power something I recall. After 5 minutes of just messing with camera settings I turned it off and pulled the battery out. It had to be three times hotter than a DJI battery after a full flight. The whole aircraft felt like an oven. Garbage.  Still have it with one charge on it. Not sure what to do with the damn thing.

They do get hot when the drone is just sitting there, just keep an eye on the temp and make sure its within the manufacturers specs, theres a fan in the drone for a reason ;)
2018-3-14
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

Yes Bashy. Power Extra. Brand new and scared to use it even for changing settings. The DJI batteries get warm when just doing some settings changes in the house but the PowerExtra gets HOT !  No sir, I didn’t like it.
2018-3-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just asked the question on amazon regarding working temp range, hopefully get an answer  soon, I have just bought a brand new one from Maplin in the UK at £120 and thats the high capacity one
2018-3-15
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
United States

It looked good but that was about it in my little ole opinion. Seller tried passing it off to me as an “extra” original DJI battery when I bought my first Phantom off Amazon. Never again make a DJI purchase on Amazon!  Anyway it wound up being a freebie as Amazon made it right. Seller still a thief and liar and has to sleep with that. Only battery’s going in my DJI aircraft will be DJI. If you were close I’d let you try it and see.
2018-3-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

damn, dont even look nice does it lol
Heard nothing back mind.....
2018-3-16
Use props
Wrinkley Bob
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-16 20:50
damn, dont even look nice does it lol
Heard nothing back mind.....

Richardon 24 February 2018
Cycled this several times and then did some tests under controlled conditions ( auto takeoff, record home point exactly at 20ft, full throttle to 600ft, then full throttle to 9000ft away by gps, the auto RTH - measure battery on landing) and there was 1% more battery left in the DJI high capacity battery. This confirmed my impressions that this Powerextra battery is very strong. It’s clearly beautiful quality- looks and feels just as nice as the original. Doesn’t heat up on charge or discharge. I’d not blink about getting another. I’m delighted !!
  Review from one of many satisfied customers.
I have researched these Powerextra batteries over the last seven days, and out of 21 reviews only two said that that the were faulty, and three people said that their DJI batteries were faulty.
I suppose it a question of suck it and see, but if these batteries proof to be reliable then they are a bargain.

Regards Bob
2018-3-18
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a cheap knock off, flew it twice and it swelled up to where it wouldn't go into the battery compartment. Never again, will stick with actual DJI batteries from then on.
2018-3-18
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Better Genuine.
2018-3-18
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

You get what you pay for. Sometimes not even that!!
2018-3-18
Use props
Wrinkley Bob
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-3-18 14:03
You get what you pay for. Sometimes not even that!!

Hi, I recieved an email to put my money where my mouth is  with regards to the Powerextra batteryso I did, I ordered the battery on Frday and it was del Monday am, so 5 stars for del time and packaging.
I charged the battery to full charge and it took 3mins longer than the DJ battery, so I think 5 stars again.
Took out to fly with the Pe battery and the Dji battery. the wind was very gusty in the hover test the PE battery lasted for 19.8 mins, the DJI battery lasted for 21mins. 4 stars ?
Recharged the batteries, and took them for a flight, again the wind, strong gusts not the best conditions, I few two identical missions, of approx 3/4s miiles, hit the return home button when the battery on both was 20%.
he DJI batt landed witin 24 inches from the home point, the PE batt landed within 8" of the same home point. 5 stars to the PE batt
The Dji batt had 4.6 mins of flight time, the PE batt had 6.8 mins left, i held the batt after each flight to my cheeks and both were just warm 5 stars for for the PE batt.

I know its not a definative test but its good enough for me to order another Powerextra batt.

Some time ago I posted that my P4 with a DJI battery in it flew sideways into a bush the battery fell out into the pond and the drone followed, I am sure that had the batt stayed with the drone the accident woul not have happened.

The PE battery fits my P4  with a louder cliick and more snugly

So as I said before you takes your money you takes a pick

Regards Bob
2018-3-20
Use props
Weeman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2186506 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes use them all the time , never had a problem , just monitor them like you do any other battery .
2018-3-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UK Guys, Maplin, high capacity (30 min) p4 battery at £120 ;) just got me a 4th but, if i do buy a 5th or more, i will try a PE next, thanks for the reviews
2018-3-20
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-20 21:33
UK Guys, Maplin, high capacity (30 min) p4 battery at £120 ;) just got me a 4th but, if i do buy a 5th or more, i will try a PE next, thanks for the reviews

Thanks for the heads up , is this there clearance before shut down ?
2018-3-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah i believe so
2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now