Vague crash cause explanation from DJI
681 7 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM
lvl.1

Croatia

Hi all.
So my drone is going through the repair stage at the moment. What puzzles me is the explanation of the crash cause from Dji. It says this:
1.The aircraft was controlled by pilot in Tapfly mode. 2.The aircraft worked in TapFly mode and flew left rear direction.T=714s,aircraft stopped and exited  the TapFly mode.T=717s,H=20m,D=67m,
aircraft crashed due to too close to the building;

What does this mean? It basically says "Yes, Mavic Air has sensors to avoid crashing buildings and the sensors were on but it's not something you should really rely upon so it's not covered by the warranty". If that's the case ok, but it sheds a bit different light on the sensors and on the warranty policy.

Otherwise, I got to say, they were pretty fast in the repair center. 48h since shipment, in the repair stage now. Let's see how fast this stage will go.

2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the crash accident, I managed to get the case number via your Forum account CAS-1533189-H0L2H8, per the video, the aircraft worked in TapFly mode and flew left rear direction, the drone has braked when he detected the building, but since it was too close to the obstacle, it (maybe the propeller) still touched the building, you can see from the video, the drone stopped and then shook for a few seconds and then dropped. Please fly in open area and keep a distance from the obstacle.
2018-3-14
Use props
djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM
lvl.1

Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-14 19:11
Sorry for the crash accident, I managed to get the case number via your Forum account CAS-1533189-H0L2H8, per the video, the aircraft worked in TapFly mode and flew left rear direction, the drone has braked when he detected the building, but since it was too close to the obstacle, it (maybe the propeller) still touched the building, you can see from the video, the drone stopped and then shook for a few seconds and then dropped. Please fly in open area and keep a distance from the obstacle.

Hi Mindy. Yeah, I understand what happened, I recorded  the crash. But what interests me is the fact that in theory the drone shouldn't even be in a situation where it touches the building if the sensors are on. At least it seems to me it should be like that.
Anyway thank you for your input.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM Posted at 2018-3-15 01:02
Hi Mindy. Yeah, I understand what happened, I recorded  the crash. But what interests me is the fact that in theory the drone shouldn't even be in a situation where it touches the building if the sensors are on. At least it seems to me it should be like that.
Anyway thank you for your input.

Since there is no left or right obstacle avoidance function for Mavic Air, when it turned left, it cannot detect the building, when it turned rear, the backward vision system detected the building but it was too late, thanks for your understanding, I saw you have paid the quotation, hope you will get it soon.
2018-3-15
Use props
djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM
lvl.1

Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-15 01:16
Since there is no left or right obstacle avoidance function for Mavic Air, when it turned left, it cannot detect the building, when it turned rear, the backward vision system detected the building but it was too late, thanks for your understanding, I saw you have paid the quotation, hope you will get it soon.

Thanks Mindy.
Can I ask you a question... since this is quite time sensitive and the crash couldn't come at the worse moment, is it possible to contact the guys at the center and ask them to ship with some express courier service, provided the repair will be complete in the next few days? Having the drone before March 26th would be great as it  is bought exclusively for that occasion.  
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM Posted at 2018-3-15 01:33
Thanks Mindy.
Can I ask you a question... since this is quite time sensitive and the crash couldn't come at the worse moment, is it possible to contact the guys at the center and ask them to ship with some express courier service, provided the repair will be complete in the next few days? Having the drone before March 26th would be great as it  is bought exclusively for that occasion.

The time frame of repair service has been much improved, I have informed the local repair team to speed up the process as soon as possible, hope you will receive it in time.
2018-3-15
Use props
djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM
lvl.1

Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-15 02:14
The time frame of repair service has been much improved, I have informed the local repair team to speed up the process as soon as possible, hope you will receive it in time.

That's sounds excellent. Thank you very much, I appreciate it :-)
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_B3xSlISJBjmM Posted at 2018-3-15 02:46
That's sounds excellent. Thank you very much, I appreciate it :-)

You are welcome, please keep us updated if there is any other issue, we are always here to help.
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules