Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
COPTRZ.COM selling destection systems
1338 12 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI GALAXY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1424 ft
United Kingdom

Ok we all know that you should take care flying and the basic rules but i think its a joke that an international seller of all types of drones is now selling detection systems to drop you in it if you happen to stray into a no fly zone or where ever.What do you think people?

coptrz
2018-3-14
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yeah - it feels like a joke.
I'm wondering if the new feature in Go 4 "Remote Identification" is part of this reconnaissance.
2018-3-14
Use props
Chipke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2668323 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Detection system is from DJI maxi joke (if this system build DJI). Big brother is watching :-(
2018-3-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That company is no different from the dozens of hopefuls who saw a business opportunity to sell systems to bring down drones. They are simply opportunists. Their statement:

'By intercepting the current communications link between a DJI drone and its remote controller, AeroScope is able to broadcast real-time identification information including UAV serial code, make and model, UAV position, speed, latitude and ground controller location. '

is a lie, because they are not able to broadcast the grond controller location at all if you take simple steps like shutting off location services in your phone or tablet. The RC unit has no GPS and relies on the one in your phone/table, so if it is off, they cannot know where you are.
2018-3-14
Use props
fans4f8b3473
lvl.3
United States

Except that aeroscope is a real system developed by DJI (https://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-unveils-technology-to-identify-and-track-airborne-drones)

And I was told by support (see here - getting answers out of them is like herding cats) that it broadcasts, among other things, the home point. That's essentially the user's location, yes?
2018-3-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans4f8b3473 Posted at 2018-3-20 13:11
Except that aeroscope is a real system developed by DJI (https://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-unveils-technology-to-identify-and-track-airborne-drones)

And I was told by support (see here - getting answers out of them is like herding cats) that it broadcasts, among other things, the home point. That's essentially the user's location, yes?

'And I was told by support (see here - getting answers out of them is like herding cats) that it broadcasts, among other things, the home point. That's essentially the user's location, yes?'

Yes, it could be, but there is nothing to stop the operator moving away from the home point.
2018-3-20
Use props
fans4f8b3473
lvl.3
United States

True, but I would guess that most people usually don't.
2018-3-20
Use props
Thorpapa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 543563 ft
South Korea

I would like to test them!
Is it detect drones other then DJI?
2018-3-31
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-14 14:28
That company is no different from the dozens of hopefuls who saw a business opportunity to sell systems to bring down drones. They are simply opportunists. Their statement:

'By intercepting the current communications link between a DJI drone and its remote controller, AeroScope is able to broadcast real-time identification information including UAV serial code, make and model, UAV position, speed, latitude and ground controller location. '

It may still broadcast the Home Point from which the drone was launched so disabling location services may not shield the pilot's location.
2018-3-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-3-31 08:18
It may still broadcast the Home Point from which the drone was launched so disabling location services may not shield the pilot's location.

Agreed, as another member pointed out in post #5.
2018-3-31
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

When I bought my Phantom 1, I figured it would only be a couple years before some moron flew one up the intake of a passenger jet killing 400 or 500 people. That bringing on the end of a really fun hobby. As a platform for aerial photography, DJI picked a niche that drove their sales through the roof. It somehow became cool to throw $2K at a toy that you could fly into you garage door at 50 mph and turn into a pile of garbage. In my neighborhood I know of 10 people who have one. Eventually DJI is going to give ‘authorities’ the upper hand. Every ‘authority’ I’ve talked to has the same response ‘you can’t fly that thing, here or anywhere IMO’ As soon as they get their hands on ‘telemetry’ they’ll want control. The threats DJI gets from ‘authorities’ will end up giving some moron with a badge the ability to fly your $2K aerial camera up the intake of a jet full of people for you.

The cost of this hobby being a non issue for me, and after the purchase of my P4P+ last December I decided I was going to own a fleet of these devices. I’ve been holding off getting the second, a MavicPP, due to rumors about an upcoming  version 2. But in just a few months, I’ve seen video after video of drones in the news. The talk of UUID defaults sticking on after reboot. The device of topic in this thread. I doubt I’ll spend another dime on DJI products due to the way they’re quietly adding control. Case in point, when they first added the geo system, it was an option in the settings. An update quietly removed the ‘option’ to disable it. Right now it’s an ‘option’ to add two lines of personal information, which is little more than a pilot’s ability to broadcast a plea for leniency to some ‘authority’ with a magic box that can and will eventually be able to control your DJI product. It’ll go like this. DJI will sell these boxes to ‘authorities.’ ‘Authorities’ will see drones flying where they don’t want them to fly. Which is pretty much everywhere on Earth. ‘Authorities’ will demand control over DJI products and will threaten DJI to  have control. Some jackass with a badge will make a statement with your drone for you. Your Aircraft and remote will be seized as evidence. You’ll never have access to flight records that show you weren’t in control of the aircraft. And you’ll be the poster boy for drone morons everywhere. Welcome to the drone police state.

Jeff
2018-4-8
Use props
Barney2k
Second Officer
United Kingdom

There's not much info around on what exactly will be broadcast.

I guess that makes sense - obviously they don't want people reverse engineering this.

Seems like they've also got it at Heliguy so it's definitely something they want to push in the UK - https://www.heliguy.com/dji-aeroscope-i83
2018-6-25
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Barney2k Posted at 2018-6-25 01:11
There's not much info around on what exactly will be broadcast.

I guess that makes sense - obviously they don't want people reverse engineering this.

We have not been told all, but a (#5) user here has got enough information that i think this is not alright.
At the moment it is (appear to be) possible to turn it off, but you have to do it on every flight and before take off. I see no reason that my Phantom should be flying around broadcasting my dji account/email to be picked up 30km away while it often have trouble to send me a clear feed from the camera within 500m.
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules