Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 Pro - No Interference bars under channel info on 5.8Ghz
891 2 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Menkromsen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1335732 ft
Norway

Hi!

I have bought a new Phantom 4 Pro.
When you go into the transmission setting in DJ Go 4 - and select 5.8Ghz the bars showing all the channels does not show anything. Is this normal?
When I select 2.4Ghz I can see the bars go up and down showing interference on the channels. When I select 5.8Ghz I can see interference on all the channels for a brief second, before they all go down to zero.

Been flying the Phantom bird for some flights and I also seem to get much less range than on my Mavic Pro. Been trying both 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz. I know that Occusync is suppose to be better - but I didn't know Lightbridge was this bad! I get a lot of screen tearing and lots of no video-signal/remote signal and the bird go into RTH.

The range seems to be around 1km and sometimes more. I live in Norway by the way, so only CE (crappy) mode here unfortunately...
(The Mavic Pro can easily go to around 3km. in open areas)
Is the 5.8Ghz band broken on my drone/controller? Or is is normal that you don't see any interference on this band?
I've checked at home in my apartment in Oslo, so there should be lots of interference -even on 5.8Ghz :-)

The drone is on the newly released fimware and I use the latest DJI Go 4 app on iOS.
2018-3-14
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is normal to see no interference signal bars on DJI Go 4 app HD tab when flying the P4Pro when in 5.8 GHz mode and to see interference bars on nearly every channel in 2.4 GHz mode.  That is my consistent experience in FCC mode in the US. However, my experience in FCC mode is also to get 4+ miles range in 5.8 GHz mode.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, it is normal to get less interference in 5.8GHz, so we suggest to fly in 5.8GHz in the urban areas. If you want to get better range, choose an open location without interference and switch to 2.4GHz to see the performance.
2018-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules