Happy New Mavic Pro day to me
936 10 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

It has arrived!! Watching videos and reading manual on the menu for tonight. Crap weather the next 3 days.......

Much to learn, but I'm sure most is similar coming from Spark.
2018-3-14
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congratulations!!! You will have so much fun when you finally fly it. When I first flew mine, I was shaking because I was so ecstatic and scared at the same time because of the flyaway stories. Good luck! Safe and happy flying!
2018-3-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats - you'll have a lot of good times with that drone - enjoy!
2018-3-14
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-3-14 12:02
Congratulations!!! You will have so much fun when you finally fly it. When I first flew mine, I was shaking because I was so ecstatic and scared at the same time because of the flyaway stories. Good luck! Safe and happy flying!

I had plenty of that with the Spark. I had been flying Hubsan and other crafts a while. Was not used to apps sending me messages, recording every second of flight data.  When Spark was prompting warning after warning I became weary of flying it. Went back to others.

Then I started flying Spark more and more. Lost GPS, Compass, Signal... but was VLOS. I learned these don't like ATTI mode much. Harder to control than other drones. I learned to use Sport Mode and then it handled like most any AC in ATTI. When not in Sport, think a Syma X5 quad blowing around at 100' up 150 meters out trying to get it back... it freaks you out.

DJI are different crop. I got the Spark home every time. My heart was less erratic after a few ATTI flights. I'm sure I'll do the same with Mavic Pro. From what I read there is much less of a probability for those errors since this has redundant systems, better signal handling.
2018-3-14
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

Fun initial flight.  This AC was very stable in 15 mph winds and gusts 20 plus. No issues.  No errors.  Love it
2018-3-14
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-3-14 12:21
I had plenty of that with the Spark. I had been flying Hubsan and other crafts a while. Was not used to apps sending me messages, recording every second of flight data.  When Spark was prompting warning after warning I became weary of flying it. Went back to others.

Then I started flying Spark more and more. Lost GPS, Compass, Signal... but was VLOS. I learned these don't like ATTI mode much. Harder to control than other drones. I learned to use Sport Mode and then it handled like most any AC in ATTI. When not in Sport, think a Syma X5 quad blowing around at 100' up 150 meters out trying to get it back... it freaks you out.

I also have a spark but I mostly use my Mavic Pro. My wife is the one in charge of the spark. I have flown Mavic Pro before Spark and didn't even want to try Spark after I heard how loud it was. Fortunately, I never had any ATTI moment with MP. I am still not that confident in flying it far. I always fly VLOS and I don't have a spotter so I have to look at the AC and iPad screen. I did have a very terrifying experience when I flew it above the water and didn't turn off VPS. It avoided obstacle and I thought I lost control because it was 200 feet away from me. I hit RTH right away and was just so happy I didn't panic and got it back.
2018-3-14
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-3-14 14:08
I also have a spark but I mostly use my Mavic Pro. My wife is the one in charge of the spark. I have flown Mavic Pro before Spark and didn't even want to try Spark after I heard how loud it was. Fortunately, I never had any ATTI moment with MP. I am still not that confident in flying it far. I always fly VLOS and I don't have a spotter so I have to look at the AC and iPad screen. I did have a very terrifying experience when I flew it above the water and didn't turn off VPS. It avoided obstacle and I thought I lost control because it was 200 feet away from me. I hit RTH right away and was just so happy I didn't panic and got it back.

Yeah I can't wait to get this out by the lake here. What a nice bird !!

Spark is no slouch, and fun to fly, it's just not the same as MP. SO glad I bought this!

Now I have to learn to use the camera. Spark was pretty much AUTO like a point and shoot camera on a drone.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Congratulations, hope you have a great time with it, looking forward to some great picture and footage from you.
2018-3-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congratulations and safe flying!
2018-3-14
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
Canada

Hope the weather breaks here soon. I miss flying!
2018-3-15
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

4 Flights in. Cold low 30's weather but clear. Having lotso fun with this. No issues, no warnings. Love it

learning the different modes. I'll post some things soon once I get my head around all these features.
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules