Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Recovery Floats cause fly-away and/or crash.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skymax.
lvl.4
Australia

OK guys you have every right to laugh at me for buying this piece of junk but my reasons were solid before I got a good look at it.
I bought these Floats not to land on the water but to make the MPP easy to recover for insurance if I crashed in to it as I do video friends in boats frequently.

However not only does it ship with Two of the necessary Collars not in the box but is constructed in such a way that the forward mounting Lug blocks the First Down Position Sensor which causes the drone to think it is close to the ground and go into an unwanted climb/loss of control and give you a Hair-raising "VPS failure land as soon as possible" Message.

It goes straight in the Bin, another waste of the World's resources.

I fitted the GETTERBACK instead.

2018-3-14
Use props
Grmachine
Second Officer
United States

That rig looks heavy, I saw one on Amazon that uses inflatable pontoons, it looked like wind would really be a problem. Haven't really seen a good design yet.
2018-3-14
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.4
Australia

Grmachine Posted at 2018-3-14 15:17
That rig looks heavy, I saw one on Amazon that uses inflatable pontoons, it looked like wind would really be a problem. Haven't really seen a good design yet.

Yes it is heavy at just over 3 ounces and not securely mounted so an impact on the surface at speed would prolly rip it off.

And yes, it could only be used to film on calm days plus I am sure the Camera will "See" the front of the Floats when turning as the MP Auto-Yaws the camera in the direction you wish to turn so that you get a better view of where you are going. (This can be disabled in Settings.)
2018-3-14
Use props
Sim-Y
Second Officer
Flight distance : 75502 ft
United Kingdom

Do a search for waterbouy, had a quick look and looks ideal for something small like the mavic, just need to work out how to attach it securely.
2018-3-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the info - I won't be buying!
2018-3-15
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-15 11:42
Thanks for the info - I won't be buying!

I am with A CW. Don't think I would but them.
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules