Motor Gains
3669 24 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

My P2 Vision is vibrating really bad in flight.  I have fitted a 2 axis gimbal, and the shaking is so bad that the video footage is virtually unwatchable.  I have balanced the propellers but it made no difference.  I read that the motor gains in the P2 assistant if set too high can cause this, can anyone tell me what their settings are in the assistant.

Basic > Gain :- Pitch - Roll - Yaw - Vertical
Basic > Gain Attitude Gain :- Pitch - Roll

I would just like to get a base line from users with gimbals.

T.I.A

Ump..
2015-5-5
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

All I can post is my V+ in NAZA, but here you go...
2015-5-5
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Can you click basic and then gains

Thanks for your reply
2015-5-5
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

I don't know if there is any difference from the Phantom 2 and the Vision 2 + but here is my stock settings for gain.
gains for Phantom 2 vision  .jpg
2015-5-5
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thanks, I will key them in and see what happens.  They look the same as jonwarr's so I am guessing they are the default for the P2v+,  
2015-5-5
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

umpa Posted at 2015-5-6 03:30
Thanks, I will key them in and see what happens.  They look the same as jonwarr's so I am guessing t ...

They are the default.  I haven't changed anything.
2015-5-5
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah default in NAZA, I believe the Phantom mode is slightly different, but I switched to NAZA before my first flight and have never adjusted them.
2015-5-5
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Mine were over 200 for pitch and roll NAZA here too.  I never changed them.  I really need to get a grip on this shaking problem. Even though I balanced the blades I have ordered some more just in case its them.
2015-5-5
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Is it possible that having added the gimbal you changed the center of gravity and now the quad is flying hard on two od the props to keep the level with GPS. A re-calibration may be in order and adjust the yaw and gains for the added weight and distribution. May need changes for the changes...
2015-5-5
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I'm not 100% sure how I would do that.  Under the basic tab there is a mounting section that seems to fit the description of what you mean. The assistant says :-

Location and Orientation
Instruction
Before you begin this step, make sure to install all payloads used during the flight, including batteries, camera mount and camera. Balance the multi-rotor as you would normally, with the center of gravity (C.G.) directly on the center plate.

Make sure the location and oreintation of the Main controller and the GPS is correct, and then fill in the distance between body center of GPS and the C.G. of multi-rotor.

Important
Please re-configure if the ALL-UP-WEIGHT has been changed.

And I don't understand any of that. lol
2015-5-5
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

umpa Posted at 2015-5-6 04:37
I'm not 100% sure how I would do that.  Under the basic tab there is a mounting section that seems t ...

Umps,
There was a post a few weeks ago about someone having a vibration issue with his phantom. He had a video of it tied down and with motors running. It was pretty shaky. He took all the props off and found one of the prop shafts that had some damage to it. After going back and forth on the forum with folks he figured out that due to the damage on the shaft, it was preventing the prop from being screwed down all the way which probably was making the prop rotate on an uneven plane.
2015-5-5
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I have done a simple test by spinning the motors up - looking at them and holding a straight edge against the spinning shaft and all looks good, but its so windy and rainy this week I can't test.
2015-5-6
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

It's most likely your gains. Particularly the pitch and roll. I'd suggest starting at 125% for both of them. See how it flies then and if it's still shaking adjust them down by 5% and test again. Repeat until the shaking stops. Be careful though, if you set them too low the Phantom will become hard to control. Also, check the vibration dampeners on the gimbal. If they're too soft it can cause shaking.
2015-5-6
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I have messed with the gains, trying all kinds of settings including the defaults - ridiculous low all the way through insanely high all it does is allow the Phantom to 'drift' in its 3 mfr box making it a little more difficult to control, but does nothing for the shaking.. I have fitted brand new genuine propellers - balanced propellers nothing stops it.  The only way to stop the shaking is to remove the gimbal - then magically the shaking stops.  I don't believe it is the gimbal or the gains.  I'm now working on theory its either a bad motor or some other setting that I don't know about.

I have had some strengtheners made for the landing gear, as this oscillates because of the shaking.  Once done you can't see it with the eye, but then the shaking turns to jello.

Apart from the above I am at a loss as to why its doing this.

Heres a video

2015-5-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

umpa Posted at 2015-5-9 01:30
I have messed with the gains, trying all kinds of settings including the defaults - ridiculous low a ...

What about your shock mounts UMP?  Are they in good condition,  not torn?  I think they do make other strengths for them, some stiffer, some softer.
2015-5-8
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Do you have a spare set of props yo can try. I would see if that helps too.
2015-5-8
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I have tried 3 different grommets, the original DJI white, the supplied black, and some blue from eBay.  The dji where the softest, the blue were medium and the black were the hardest. Tried all props - brand new DJI, CF and balanced, all same result.

I'm at a loss with this, might try messing with this mounting setting in DJI Assist ??
2015-5-8
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

What gimbal did you purchase?
2015-5-8
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

How many flights do you have on the bird?..At about 98 flights my P2 began rolling shutter...Bad...purchased ND filter,balanced props,chandged dampeners..etc..no avail..while free spinning one of the motors I noticed a clicking sound..checked all of the motors..they all had the click..turned out to be worn out bearings...hope this helps..also(If You Have Not Already Done So) check all of the shell screws..they can,over time vibrate loose....another thing...hold your prop up to eye level..look at the very tips of the blade..they should be horizontal...if they are pointing down or up,..that can cause a lot of vibration...hard to believe that the props can be worn out without being damaged...it's true..I use new props(After Balancing) on every  shoot...let us know what you find..Thanx   
2015-5-8
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Should've watched video first...is your landing gear tight?..looks to me like loose landing gear or a very loose motor.
2015-5-8
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi,
Well I have tightened all the screws. Tried two different landing gears, the normal and some extra long. I have looked at the motors but can't identify any one or anything wrong . I am on the verge of buying a CC/CW motors and swap two at a time see if it makes a difference. You can see it shake in the air. Brand new and balanced props. Only motors not been messed with. The gimbal is a banggood, goodluckbuy Chinese gimbal for vision.
2015-5-11
Use props
davidw63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

I think the gimbal was a good purchase considering comparing it to the stock setup. Mine shakes mainly due to the way its setup stock, like windy and other flight conditions make the video tilt since the camera moves with the quad. At least yours stays level and can tilt the camera down all way at 180. Only thing is getting the "load balanced" since its not the stock setup. Im also flying the P2 Vision. Only mod I did to mine is the taller wider landing gear and flipped the camera bracket over so the camera hangs lower. It does have the shorter rubber isolators on it that is used on the Vision +. I found that they arent as tall as the ones on the vision. Reason I also had to flip the camera bracket.
2015-5-11
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I see videos of people with this gimbal that have no issues and it  works great.  Thats what is driving me to find a fix.
2015-5-12
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

umpa Posted at 2015-5-13 13:37
I see videos of people with this gimbal that have no issues and it  works great.  Thats what is driv ...

And I have news,  Its working.

Turns out that you  can be very unlucky and have 3 sets of grommets, all perfectly good but non are correct for the weight of your gimbal.

It turns out that after I fitted some zenmuse black 'ball' grommets all the shaking stopped. Further tweaking of the gimbal and motor gains got rid of 99% of the remaining jello.  Now its very acceptable.

I was starting to loose faith.
2015-5-13
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Whilst I am happy with this gimbal, I feel that DJI should provide an upgrade path to us vision owners, either loyalty discount on a new V+ or a plug and play zemnuse for Vision.  They are losing out on revenue here, I would have bought a £200 DJI upgrade over a £60 Chinese one any day.
2015-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules