Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thejaybo
New
Flight distance : 134163 ft
Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNbkxZhX5fM

hantom 3 Professional

Had a crash. Replaced the body. Pulled compass connector off the board by accident. Had it resoldered (and probed to make sure it was connected).
Drone won't calibrate. Sensor data for compass show zeros including MOD. IMU calibration normal.

Ive also noticed that the Controller Link and Video Link have full bars but the RADIO CHANNEL QUALITY is poor. Ive changed channels and most seems to be UNSTABLE (red bars)

Everything was working BEFORE I pulled the shell apart. GPS currently works.

So.

1.  the compass/wires was damaged
a. replace compass

2. the connector damaged the traces on the board
a. new connector was installed and probed - should be ok

3. why radio channel quality - POOR but I have full bars on remote and video link? Could something more be damaged on the main board?
a. @00:30 in the video I posted - the screen gets garbled for a second... i have the video link set to 4mbps and remote is 2 feet away during the test

Ideas? Did I damage my main board perhaps?

Thanks guys

Jason
Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 7.45.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 7.46.41 PM.png
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It's hard to ensure the performance after the crash. If you need any further assistance, I'd suggest to start a case and send it in for inspection: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-14
Use props
CoollyMcAwesome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274829 ft
Canada

I saw your video, one thing that's odd is I see the top shell of quad just sitting by itself. On the underside is the GPS module I believe you need it to be place at near it's original position.
You don't have to clip it on just position it properly give it a go.  Make one step at a time, don't try to fix a whole bunch of things, this way you can see if the fixed worked. Let as know
2018-3-14
Use props
thejaybo
New
Canada

CoollyMcAwesome Posted at 2018-3-14 21:06
I saw your video, one thing that's odd is I see the top shell of quad just sitting by itself. On the underside is the GPS module I believe you need it to be place at near it's original position.
You don't have to clip it on just position it properly give it a go.  Make one step at a time, don't try to fix a whole bunch of things, this way you can see if the fixed worked. Let as know

Sorry, yes in the video I have it off. But In 10 compass calibrations Ive had it on. It makes no difference. And It routinely connects to 10-15 satellites with it connected.
2018-3-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Thought about replacing the entire board?
2018-3-15
Use props
thejaybo
New
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-3-15 06:46
Thought about replacing the entire board?

Yes but at $150 for a used one and $300 Canadian for a board, and the re-soldering of all the motors.. I really wanted to make sure it was pooched first.

2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules