Poor customer service - is this always true?
387 7 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Espagueti
lvl.1
United States

I'm a new customer to DJI having owned the Spark for 2-3 months and recently purchased the Mavic Air. I've needed to contact them for a few questions regarding initial purchase and small issues like getting the DJI Select coupon to apply to my DJI Care Refresh. I emailed them (because the people over the phone said they couldn't help me) about 24 hours after activating my Air to inquire about why the DJI Select coupon code wasn't working for the purchase. Their reply came FIVE DAYS LATER and said, "Sorry, you needed to purchase both the drone and DJI Care at the same time to get the 50% discount through DJI Select." That put me out of the 48-hour window for Care purchase. I could no longer purchase the Care even at the full $89 price. My next goal was just to avoid having to upload the very tedious video they require to be eligible for DJI Care purchase as it was only their delayed reply that caused me not to purchase it in time.

I contacted their phone support again and was told to "send an email with a screenshot of the email you sent within 48 hours of activation and that will be the proof we need to unlock the purchase for you." Well, attempt #1 went unreplied to (four days ago) and attempt #2 was just sent.

I've never had such bad customer service experiences before. I've also never needed to do so much via email that couldn't be done over the phone. Any question I've had, outside of the initial purchase, is basically me waiting on hold for 30 minutes on my drive home until someone answers and says, "Okay great send an email to...."

It's such a small issue (trying to save $45 on the DJI Care, because the salesman I spoke with before purchasing DJI Select said it's a "no brainer" to spend $30 to save $45 + more), but they've made it so frustrating to me as a customer -- four or five phone calls, three emails that weren't replied to, then one that was replied to, followed by another that has been ignored for four days. I just needed someone to tell my WHY the coupon code wasn't working, and now I just need someone to allow me to pay the full price. This should have been one phone call and done.

Not sure if posting this will help DJI recognize another frustrated customer or just allow me to do a little venting, but I felt that it deserved at least a little bad publicity. I mean, I'm very vocal about the things company's do right for me, so it's only fair to share the bad as well.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Espagueti, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our customer support team, I managed to get your email ticket number via your Forum account, your frustration has been escalated to the appropriate department for investigation, we will have someone to contact you soon, we will also learn from this and keep improving our customer service.
For the 50% off DJI Care coupon, customer will need to purchase designated drones with DJI Care in one order. Please check the policy below, appreciate your understanding. GTScreenshot_20180315_103027.png
2018-3-14
Use props
Espagueti
lvl.1
United States

Great. I’ll be very happy to update my opinion and review of my experience based on the outcome.
2018-3-14
Use props
Espagueti
lvl.1
United States

Also, some of the emails were sent from the email associated with username “fans93b27fe4”, because one of the customer service representatives suggested I try sending from a different email account.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Espagueti Posted at 2018-3-14 18:58
Also, some of the emails were sent from the email associated with username “fans93b27fe4”, because one of the customer service representatives suggested I try sending from a different email account.

I see, we care much about your feedback and will have someone to contact you soon after investigation, hope the issue will get sorted out soon. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Update: The DJI Care Team has already given the DJI Care purchase permission of your SN code for another 72 hours. You can try to buy it online now.
Please keep us updated if there is any further issue.
2018-3-14
Use props
Espagueti
lvl.1
United States

I have received a call and two emails from DJI over the past 24 hours. I was allowed to purchase DJI Care Refresh without uploading the video proof, and I received a thorough explanation on why the 50% discount cannot be applied. I’m happy with the outcome.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Espagueti Posted at 2018-3-15 12:56
I have received a call and two emails from DJI over the past 24 hours. I was allowed to purchase DJI Care Refresh without uploading the video proof, and I received a thorough explanation on why the 50% discount cannot be applied. I’m happy with the outcome.

Glad to know the issue has been sorted out, thanks for your understanding and kindness, hope you have a great time with Mavic Air.
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules