Quick Start Guide -- Complaint and Suggestion
759 9 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

Got my Osmo Mobile 2 yesterday.    Immediately started reading the Quick Start Guide (yes, I do RTFM).

However, it's printed in such small font that it is almost impossible for my 55+ yo eyes to read.   Even with glasses and a bright light!!!

A suggestion would be to make a quick start guide more like the IKEA instructions -- large, simple and idiot proof!    bonus is that it's all pics that eliminates need for multiple language!

Yes,  I know that the OM2 is much more complex than anything from IKEA,  but maybe there is some middle ground?

Sid

P.S - got the OM2 fired up, activated and running with no problems.  
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Sid, thanks for your suggestion, I will report it to our engineers for consideration, here is user manual in our website which contains more guideline, you may refer to it: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
Glad to know it works fine, hope you have a great time with it.
2018-3-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Indeed. They do save on paper I guess...
Lucky they are also available online
2018-3-14
Use props
Tautvilas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145709 ft
Lithuania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-14 21:21
Hi Sid, thanks for your suggestion, I will report it to our engineers for consideration, here is user manual in our website which contains more guideline, you may refer to it: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo+Mobile+2/20180211/Osmo_Mobile_2_User_Manual_EN.pdf
Glad to know it works fine, hope you have a great time with it.

I am guessing engineers has nothing to do with the look of manual and the size of letters... But it might be that DJI even has engineers to prepare manuals...
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tautvilas Posted at 2018-3-15 08:50
I am guessing engineers has nothing to do with the look of manual and the size of letters... But it might be that DJI even has engineers to prepare manuals...

You are right, we listen to all feedback from social media and will report to the related team for attention, hope your experience with us will be better in the future.
2018-3-16
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-16 00:42
You are right, we listen to all feedback from social media and will report to the related team for attention, hope your experience with us will be better in the future.

My experience with DJI products -- P3S, Spark and now OM2 -- has been excellent.   The products have been great, performed flawlessly, and i'm very happy with them.

My only complaint is very minor in that the quick start guide is hard to read.   Given how well the products have performed -- I'll happily live with this minor issue.

As I mentioned -- I'm very happy with DJI products.

Sid
2018-3-16
Use props
fans8f10708a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132467 ft

United Kingdom

Followed the quick guide book to the letter but when i opened up the dji go app there were No osmo listed and dispite uninstalling and reinstalling and using two other phones i still get no osmo why is this
2018-3-16
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
United States

fans8f10708a Posted at 2018-3-16 12:39
Followed the quick guide book to the letter but when i opened up the dji go app there were No osmo listed and dispite uninstalling and reinstalling and using two other phones i still get no osmo why is this

Make sure you are using DJI GO,     not the newer DJI GO 4 app.

Start the DJI GO app.   you should see a page titled "Connect your DJI Device"  -- with a pic of a DJI product below it.   I think mine shows a pic of something like the Inspire or Phantom 3.    The pic can be scrolled left and right.    I think the OSMO Mobile is the farthest scroll to the left.

Once you see the pic of the OSMO Mobile,  you should see a pull-down indicator, that lets you select from the various different OSMO models -- including the DJI OSMO Mobile 2.

I did this on IOS -- iphone 6S.   However, I think the Android version is the same.

Sid
2018-3-16
Use props
fans8f10708a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132467 ft

United Kingdom

Thank you that worked perfect, but why we have to use the old dji go app is strange but as long as i works its fine, once again sidtx thank you
2018-3-16
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
United States

fans8f10708a Posted at 2018-3-16 13:26
Thank you that worked perfect, but why we have to use the old dji go app is strange but as long as i works its fine, once again sidtx thank you

you are welcome.    Glad it worked.

And I wish I knew the answer to your question about using DJI Go vs DJI Go 4.   It's somewhat cumbersome to have both apps on my iPhone, and to have to switch apps when I use different devices from DJI.

Sid
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules