3664 13 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EMTDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247933 ft
United States

Good evening everyone!!

I have a quick question.  In my DJI app there is an option to pick "Imperial" vs "Metric" when it comes to distance/speed/etc.  The app shows Imperial numerics for my current distance, speed, altitude...  but shows metric when I pick all of my limits (max distance, altitude and most importantly RTH altitude).  Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or do I have to just do all the conversions?  Thanks for your help!!
2018-3-14
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Either stay all metric or do the conversions.  Metric for max altitude is easy...I set 120 meters and never think about it until I get the Max Altitude audio warning.  Distance is a relative thing...when signal strength starts to drop off, you are well past VLOS so it's time to turn around.  I'm not into speed other than getting to my planned photo op location so whatever speed I can get I don't need to know the number.  Can't help you much but no one else answered sooooo......
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please provide me the screenshot of your setting of measurement unit. What is the version of your app? Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-3-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Never had issues with that. But then again, I'm in metric area....
2018-3-14
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-14 22:00
Either stay all metric or do the conversions.  Metric for max altitude is easy...I set 120 meters and never think about it until I get the Max Altitude audio warning.  Distance is a relative thing...when signal strength starts to drop off, you are well past VLOS so it's time to turn around.  I'm not into speed other than getting to my planned photo op location so whatever speed I can get I don't need to know the number.  Can't help you much but no one else answered sooooo......

I understand what you are saying regarding keeping all the settings the same, but........  I am not as concerned with the max height as much as I am concerned about the RTH setting.  I change the RTH depending on the area I am in; in the event that I *need* to use it.  Sometimes I am in a wooded area, sometimes residential and sometimes farmland... all of which would require a different setting.  I am not trying to sound lazy by not wanting to calculate the differences between the two but I was raised with the imperial system and its easier to look at the data and be able to make quick decisions vs having to take the time to calculate.  
2018-3-14
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-14 22:09
Please provide me the screenshot of your setting of measurement unit. What is the version of your app? Please keep us updated, thanks.

I do not have my spark attached to my phone at the moment.  These are screen shots showing that I have imperial selected as my measurement unit, a screen shot of a flight record showing that I have imperial measurements while flying and that metric is the measurement unit I have available for RTH, max distance, etc settings.  

2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

EMTDad Posted at 2018-3-14 23:03
I do not have my spark attached to my phone at the moment.  These are screen shots showing that I have imperial selected as my measurement unit, a screen shot of a flight record showing that I have imperial measurements while flying and that metric is the measurement unit I have available for RTH, max distance, etc settings.  

[view_image]

Thanks for your update. Just confirmed, the limit distance and altitude will be showed in metric. And it can not be changed.
2018-3-15
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

Even US is moving slowly but steadily towards proper metrics system.
In some very progressive areas like i.e. Boston, MA, if you still use imperial, you are considered... well.... out of date.
2018-3-15
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-15 00:13
Thanks for your update. Just confirmed, the limit distance and altitude will be showed in metric. And it can not be changed.

Thank you for looking into this, I appreciate it!
2018-3-15
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-3-15 00:20
Even US is moving slowly but steadily towards proper metrics system.
In some very progressive areas like i.e. Boston, MA, if you still use imperial, you are considered... well.... out of date.

There are a couple of suburbs in my general area that use the metric system alittle more often than others
2018-3-15
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

EMTDad Posted at 2018-3-15 00:40
There are a couple of suburbs in my general area that use the metric system alittle more often than others

Yeah, in next hundred years, all will finally switch to meters and liters as opposed to miles and gallons.
Kids in schools are heavily taught metric system nowadays...
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

EMTDad Posted at 2018-3-15 00:39
Thank you for looking into this, I appreciate it!

You are welcome. Please feel free to contact us if you need help.
2018-3-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-3-15 00:45
Yeah, in next hundred years, all will finally switch to meters and liters as opposed to miles and gallons.
Kids in schools are heavily taught metric system nowadays...

It would for sure sort out these questions
2018-3-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd like to see metres and MPH (UK)
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced