Recent 120 maximum altitude limit warning
1377 4 2018-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shane_oh4
lvl.4

China

Hello,

I'm currently based in Shanghai and until relatively recently was able to set the maximum altitude up to 500m (not that I'd ever attempt such a height. I realise that there are laws and limitations for good reason).

Now, every flight is greeted with a yellow dash across the top of the screen with a 120m altitude limit.

My question is whether this is a recent 'block' put in place by DJI Go or an error on my end?

It's still possible to set the altitude maximum to any value up to 500m but this warning occurs every time.

There's a couple of shots a small bit over 120m here that I'd love to still get. Hopefully it's possible.

-not in beginner mode
-signed in / logged in to app
-distance values set

Anyway thanks for any help.

Shane

2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

What is the version of your app? Please provide a screenshot of your image screen with the error . Thanks for your support.
2018-3-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

With the Mavic Pro you can set the maximum altitude.
Not sure if the Spark has that too.
2018-3-15
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

Is it possible your drone thinks that it is somewhere else?      Here in the USA we have a legal ceiling of 400ft (approx 120m).   Perhaps your drone thinks it's in the USA and approaching the limit?

Sid
2018-3-15
Use props
shane_oh4
lvl.4

South Korea

Many thanks for the replies. It seems on the updated  FLY SAFE GEO ZONE MAP, I am now within the lightest grey coloured 'Altitude Zone', so that must be the problem. The nearest airport is about 15km away.I'm almost positive that places I've flown in before are now included under that zone, and weren't before. Anway, that's a good enough result for me.

I will venture outside this zone and I guess there will be no issue.

I wonder how accurate the No Fly zones are anyway, and how often they are updated. As an example, I was excited to travel to Tianducheng in Hangzhou to take some shots of the replica Parisien city and replica Eiffel tower in the south of China.
(It features in Jamie XX's music video - "Gosh")

Back then (and currently) it shows as a non-restricted zone on the DJI website map. Upon reaching the area I was unable to take off, as was another friend and spark owner. It showed as a red zone and would not fly. Very strange, very disappointing. I don't believe the maps are that accurate.

Maybe this should have been its own thread
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules