Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Precise Fly Safe Database update How 2 ...
3592 12 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Recently released Precise Fly Safe Database update (01.00.01.09) is available and related message will pop-up stubbornly until we finally decide to perform updating. If you control your Inspire 2 or Matrice 200 with standard RC and whatever device, updating procedure should go smoothly. Not so with Cendence and CrystalSky monitor ... Pushing the Update button will download the file, but that's it. Data is not installed nor distributed among all involved parts of the system. Therefore the message will show up again next time ... Naturally official instructions are nowhere to find ... Luckily some smart pilots figured it out already. Here's how it works with Inspire 2/M200 and Cendence + CrystalSky set-up:

1. Disconnect CrystalSky from Cendence controller
2. Plug USB cable into drone and other (small) end into CrystalSky monitor. Attention: Matrice 200 has a slider switch, located next to USB socket (see picture). Left position is for connection with DJI Assistant software in computer, right position is for connection with device, CrystalSky in this case.
3. Turn On CS, then the drone, then Cendence.
4. Wait for this annoying message to pop-up again, start updating. You should see a progress bar at bottom going for few minutes.
5. Restart the system.
5. Check the About status, should display Fly Safe Database version 09.

That should do ...

IMG_0480.jpg
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Matthew, this is exactly the method to update the database via CrystalSky and Cendence for Inspire 2 and M200, thanks for sharing,
2018-3-15
Use props
jstocker68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1739 ft

United States

Is this the same procedure for the M210 as well? I keep getting the same message.
2018-3-17
Use props
jstocker68
lvl.1

United States

jstocker68 Posted at 2018-3-17 12:43
Is this the same procedure for the M210 as well? I keep getting the same message.

It must not be, I tried it with no luck.
2018-3-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

jstocker68 Posted at 2018-3-17 13:30
It must not be, I tried it with no luck.

Hmm, that's beyond my knowledge, but I would try again. What's happening when you hit Update button?
2018-3-17
Use props
jstocker68
lvl.1

United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-3-17 21:24
Hmm, that's beyond my knowledge, but I would try again. What's happening when you hit Update button?

When I hit the update button nothing happens. It goes away like it does when you hit ignore. For the USB wire it is the same size on both ends it was not provided with a mini-usb.
2018-3-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

jstocker68 Posted at 2018-3-19 07:57
When I hit the update button nothing happens. It goes away like it does when you hit ignore. For the USB wire it is the same size on both ends it was not provided with a mini-usb.

That's probably why it's not working. Try to get USB cable with one male end mini style to plug into CS ...
2018-3-19
Use props
Station41
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24373 ft
United States

M210 SOLVED - I had the same problem (for months) and the above solution didn’t work.  Here’s what worked for me:
The key is that the cendence controller needs to be turned off for the updates to proceed.  You only need the drone and the crystal sky on and connected.  I used the USB to Micro USB cable.  I had the drone, crystal sky and cendence all powered on.  I received the pop-up message and then turned the controller off before proceeding with the update.  This time the update proceeded and completed correctly.  I shut everthing down, restarted, and no pop-up was displayed (finally).

I had a similar issue trying to install the latest firmware update for the batteries, and this was the same solution.  Apparently - at least for the M210 - the cendence controller interferes with the update process.  

Hope this helps.
2019-1-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Station41 Posted at 1-20 13:02
M210 SOLVED - I had the same problem (for months) and the above solution didn’t work.  Here’s what worked for me:
The key is that the cendence controller needs to be turned off for the updates to proceed.  You only need the drone and the crystal sky on and connected.  I used the USB to Micro USB cable.  I had the drone, crystal sky and cendence all powered on.  I received the pop-up message and then turned the controller off before proceeding with the update.  This time the update proceeded and completed correctly.  I shut everthing down, restarted, and no pop-up was displayed (finally).

Thank you for sharing this information.
2019-1-20
Use props
OTEKO
lvl.1
Russia

The key is that the cendence controller needs to be turned off for the updates to proceed.  You only need the drone and the crystal sky on and connected.  I used the USB to Micro USB cable.  I had the drone, crystal sky and cendence all powered on.  I received the pop-up message and then turned the controller off before proceeding with the update.  This time the update proceeded and completed correctly.  I shut everthing down, restarted, and no pop-up was displayed (finally).

Many thanks for the information provided. It turned out Matrice 210 to update in this way.
2019-1-30
Use props
OTEKO
lvl.1
Russia

However .. I hurried with a joyful answer. One hour has passed, and my firmware is 99% stuck .. Any thoughts on this?
2019-1-30
Use props
OTEKO
lvl.1
Russia

I would like to note that the update lasted more than one hour !!! Keep this in mind. )
Thanks for the help!
2019-1-30
Use props
OTEKO
lvl.1
Russia

Solved!

Thanks for the help!
2019-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules