Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
**OFFICIAL DJI Tello Thread**
Home / TELLO /
9146 131 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-28 22:25
Thanks for providing the information, pretty thorough as always...

You're welcome.
Now get back to waiting for a consumer drone
2018-3-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-28 22:30
You're welcome.
Now get back to waiting for a consumer drone

Yeah we will be waiting awhile for that...
2018-3-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-28 22:33
Yeah we will be waiting awhile for that...

We'll see
It will happen someday
2018-3-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-28 22:38
We'll see
It will happen someday

Well, now that I have my Spark and Mavic Pro and Tello, unless the new release of a drone by DJI has something better than OcuSync, flight time, speed and agility, then likely I won't be making a 4th purchase unless, like I said, it was really going to be something too great to turn down.
2018-3-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-29 03:16
Well, now that I have my Spark and Mavic Pro and Tello, unless the new release of a drone by DJI has something better than OcuSync, flight time, speed and agility, then likely I won't be making a 4th purchase unless, like I said, it was really going to be something too great to turn down.

That looks like a nice fleet indeed.
It will depend on price and functions I guess.
If the image quality is P4P / P4A like and the price still remains somewhere < € 1300.- for a fly more combo.....
(I doubt that will ever happen....)
2018-3-29
Use props
fans320302ce
lvl.1

Canada

fans320302ce Posted at 2018-3-18 06:06
I have a DJI spark which I love. I also just received this past week the Ryze Tello endorsed by DJI.
This is a great little drone. It's inexpensive ,easy to fly and, most interestingly, programmable.
I used the scratch editor with my windows pc to program it.  It worked okay but after I got out of that and was just using my iPhone I started having trouble with the drone taking off. I contacted Ryze and the tech had me do a wifi reset, then an imu calibration and finally a reboot. That worked for awhile then it started acting up again. The motors would come on it would attempt to takeoff and then it would just land. I contacted Ryze again and they said they were working on a new firmware update that would take care of it. Luckily I can keep flying my spark until then. Sorry for the long comment but I thought you might like to know.

Ryze support is awesome. They sent me a UPS label and are going to fix or replace my Tello.
2018-3-29
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-29 04:23
That looks like a nice fleet indeed.
It will depend on price and functions I guess.
If the image quality is P4P / P4A like and the price still remains somewhere < € 1300.- for a fly more combo.....

I think pushing the envelope on technology is something DJI can do, so it's possible. The Mavic Pro, on second and third iterations, we can expect to see the parts of the current Mavic Pro miniaturized like the camera, and there's no reason that it couldn't be as good as P4P Advanced, etc.  
2018-3-29
Use props
LC17SMP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 331217 ft

I just received the Tello today. I gave it to my son for his 6th bday. He plays xbox and is a decent player. With that said I figured why not let him fly it right away. Hey what could possibly go wrong. Its a drone and they are fool proof these days. LOL. He flew it in the house and to my amazement flew the entire battery without crashing it. I did smack it away from the wall a time or two as it does wonder a little on our wood floors. Like any VPS it doesn't like uniform surfaces. My son is really happy with it. I did buy the controller that is listed on the DJI site. It worked great with my iphone 8+. Photos are decent. Video sucks. But its exactly what I expected and am grateful Ryze included it. So far I would definitely recommend this drone. Now where are the additional batteries and charging hub?   
2018-3-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

LC17SMP Posted at 2018-3-29 19:30
I just received the Tello today. I gave it to my son for his 6th bday. He plays xbox and is a decent player. With that said I figured why not let him fly it right away. Hey what could possibly go wrong. Its a drone and they are fool proof these days. LOL. He flew it in the house and to my amazement flew the entire battery without crashing it. I did smack it away from the wall a time or two as it does wonder a little on our wood floors. Like any VPS it doesn't like uniform surfaces. My son is really happy with it. I did buy the controller that is listed on the DJI site. It worked great with my iphone 8+. Photos are decent. Video sucks. But its exactly what I expected and am grateful Ryze included it. So far I would definitely recommend this drone. Now where are the additional batteries and charging hub?

Nice to read.
I think you can buy them from the DJI store (not sure if they are available)
2018-3-29
Use props
mjamesf
lvl.1

Singapore

I've created an unboxing video for those who haven't bought yet this great little drone. I'm surprised how fast their shipping, it only took 5 days from the day I ordered online upto my door step. HK to SG, and best part is it's free shipping! Bought from the official DJI store website.
2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_Mmi30DgmC7wa
Captain

This is what I capture by tello
2018-6-2
Use props
djiuser_Mmi30DgmC7wa
Captain

Color graded
IMG_20180422_212541_073.jpg
1524352539396~2.jpg