Mavic Pro drift - sent in for repair
835 12 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
beamlord
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112628 ft
Austria

My Mavic Pro was sent in for service today. There are two main problems, both well-known and described in many threads on the forum:
1. The gimbal roll, where the image rolls during roll movement of the drone. The gimbal yaw, where it continues to drift (turn) further or in the opposite direction uncontrollably, after turning the drone.
2. The drone doesn't fly straight. It deviates noticeably from a straight line. Also, when braking (releasing controls) the drone pulls to left or right (depending on whether it was flying forward or backward) before actually stopping. This behavior happens even without any wind, but is more dramatic when it's a bit windier. This is simply dangerous.
All possible calibrations, firmware refresh, have been done to no avail.
Since I also purchsed the new Mavic Air, I realized that the difference in quality on both of the abovementioned points is dramatic. Mavic Air displays NONE of that behavior, so I don't think this is normal to expect from Pro.

I decided to open this thread and keep it up to date to document the whole process of the service, so that others can benefit from this experience. I will be giving a fair and honest review.
Hoping that the DJI Support staff will also watch closely.

Today, I have sent the unit in for service (EU) Netherlands NUTH center.
So far,  I've requested a repair, and received the UPS label within 2 days, as described.
Case Number CAS-1552401-K1D7D1

2018-3-15
Use props
beamlord
lvl.1
Austria

Also a quick check, can someone from DJI confirm that the service requets from Austria go to Netherlands?
To me, it would make more sense if they went to Germany (?!)
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

beamlord Posted at 2018-3-15 07:17
Also a quick check, can someone from DJI confirm that the service requets from Austria go to Netherlands?
To me, it would make more sense if they went to Germany (?!)

Why not call DJI Germany to get more information on this point? Both are DJI Europe: GERMANY
DJI Germany
Mon-Fri 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (GMT+1)
+49 (0) 9771-177 3000
support.ge@dji.com
2018-3-15
Use props
beamlord
lvl.1
Austria

The label I got was addressed to NL , already sent it off there. Is that the wrong destination?
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

beamlord Posted at 2018-3-15 10:46
The label I got was addressed to NL , already sent it off there. Is that the wrong destination?

No that is fine. If you got a label to that destination then that is the best place to send it to.
2018-3-15
Use props
beamlord
lvl.1
Austria

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-15 16:17
No that is fine. If you got a label to that destination then that is the best place to send it to.

Allright, thank you!
2018-3-16
Use props
beamlord
lvl.1
Austria

Update:
The package was delivered yesterday at Nuth repair center.
Today I got a receipt confirmation from DJI with serial numbers of both drone and receiver, as well as a list of items received; props, receiver, and drone without batterie. (and without microSD cars, which is a bit alarming since the sdcard is inside, i didn’t remove it).

Now in “assessment stage”.
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

beamlord Posted at 2018-3-20 13:02
Update:
The package was delivered yesterday at Nuth repair center.
Today I got a receipt confirmation from DJI with serial numbers of both drone and receiver, as well as a list of items received; props, receiver, and drone without batterie. (and without microSD cars, which is a bit alarming since the sdcard is inside, i didn’t remove it).

We don't recommend sending the SD card in when it comes to repair. If you had sent it with the drone, I will forward your situation to the local team to help to take notice of it.
2018-3-20
Use props
beamlord
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-20 19:45
We don't recommend sending the SD card in when it comes to repair. If you had sent it with the drone, I will forward your situation to the local team to help to take notice of it.

Yes, the microSD card (which came with the unit) is indeed inside. Thank you for following up and letting them know!
2018-3-20
Use props
beamlord
lvl.1
Austria

Very happy with the speedy processing so far! I have just received a message from the service center, stating:
"After testing and diagnosing your product, DJI will provide you with the free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished in 2 to 3 working days, then the product will be sent back to you. Thank you for choosing DJI. "
The invoice below states the unit (excl. all stuff) priced at 661 Euro. It is not clear to me whether the unit is being repaired or replaced, and if replaced, whether it's a brand-new unit or refurbrished one.
According to the price quoted, it should be a brand-new unit (which would make sense as mine was a couple of months old) - it would be nice to have a confirmation on this.

2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

beamlord Posted at 2018-3-21 02:26
Very happy with the speedy processing so far! I have just received a message from the service center, stating:
"After testing and diagnosing your product, DJI will provide you with the free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished in 2 to 3 working days, then the product will be sent back to you. Thank you for choosing DJI. "
The invoice below states the unit (excl. all stuff) priced at 661 Euro. It is not clear to me whether the unit is being repaired or replaced, and if replaced, whether it's a brand-new unit or refurbrished one.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to know the progress goes smoothly. Wish you receive the package soon.
2018-3-22
Use props
beamlord
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-22 18:22
Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to know the progress goes smoothly. Wish you receive the package soon.

Dear Susan, I have been notified that the unit has been shipped.
Now, I see that the serial number of the unit is different, which means I have been given a replacement.
Now the question is, do I need to do something related to the DJ refresh care, or will it automatically apply to the replacement unit?
Will you re-register the new unit with my DJI refresh care?
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

beamlord Posted at 2018-3-23 00:13
Dear Susan, I have been notified that the unit has been shipped.
Now, I see that the serial number of the unit is different, which means I have been given a replacement.
Now the question is, do I need to do something related to the DJ refresh care, or will it automatically apply to the replacement unit?

I've checked your case, the DJI Care Refresh has been transferred to the replacement automatically. You can input the new SN and check the balance from our website: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage
2018-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules