Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Invalid Battery?
4216 16 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ATL_AI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1988 ft
United States

DJI Inspire 1 RAW, with (4) TB48 Batteries
Hi,

I have an Inspire 1, and the batteries all (4) are now not working. It started with 1, then to all 4.  All batteries are giving me the "invalid battery"  "please us a certified DJI battery" "0% warning" warnings. It descended during a flight because it said the battery was 0% (it went from 62%-0% almost immediately)
  The Inspire now won't fly with it at 0% despite the batteries say they are at full charge.

What Ive tried:

!) I've updated the Firmware on the Inspire, and (I believe ) on the batteries (not sure how to tell if the battery firmware is updated. but the light on the tail just blinks red.

2) I turned on the Inspire with. the battery and let it sit idle until it runs out of juice and reset. Then recharged and tried again. Still a solid red light on the tail and 0% on the battery (despite being at full charge)
3) I cleaned the contacts with rubbing alcohol and still the same problems.

Im not sure what to do from here. Any suggestions?

2018-3-15
Use props
Mr. Information
lvl.4

Philippines

You mentioned  please use a certified dji battery <------- where did you purchase the batteries by the way?
2018-3-15
Use props
ATL_AI
lvl.1
United States

Mr. Information Posted at 2018-3-15 09:35
You mentioned  please use a certified dji battery

DJI, when I purchased the drone. They alwasyworked great and never had any problems. took care of them and never exposed them to too much heat or cold
2018-3-15
Use props
Mr. Information
lvl.4

Philippines

DJI does offer a 6-month warranty for their batteries, but because of the structure of the product, they do not do repairs for it. Please do note that the life span of our batteries depends on the usage, flying environment, storage for a long time, temparature, flight time, charging hours and many other factors, thus we do not declare a standard life-span for our drone's batteries.
2018-3-15
Use props
ATL_AI
lvl.1
United States

Too late for the warranty and they have been iused about 6 times. Not much at all, and they fact that they all statopped working with the drone at the exact same time tells me its the drone or frimware. (my guess anyway)

2018-3-15
Use props
Mr. Information
lvl.4

Philippines

That is slightly possible or that depends on other reasons that I mentioned "sage, flying environment, storage for a long time, temparature, flight time, charging hours and many other factors".  Normally if you contact support they will just suggest to purchase a new battery because it is out of warranty.  Based on their aftersales policy of 6 months
2018-3-15
Use props
ATL_AI
lvl.1
United States

could it be a firmware update problem? can you reverse an update? or maybe battery firmware isssue?
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If there is no warning message in Aircraft Status that the battery needs to updated, the firmware of battery should be the latest version. You said you have cleaned the contact, do you mean the battery compartment?
2018-3-15
Use props
ATL_AI
lvl.1
United States

i cleaned the metal areas that contact the aircraft. they were pretty dirty, actually. i didn’t clean the area on the contacts in the craft. they were hard to reach. i may try that.
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ATL_AI Posted at 2018-3-16 04:28
i cleaned the metal areas that contact the aircraft. they were pretty dirty, actually. i didn’t clean the area on the contacts in the craft. they were hard to reach. i may try that.

Did you solve the problem? Please keep us updated, if the problem remains.
2018-3-23
Use props
ATL_AI
lvl.1

no resolution as of yet. i called Dji and told them about my issues, i also included that the “overheating wanting, craft will descend” warning that pops up and they said to send it back to DJi. . i’m out of warranty so i’m looking at a large bill, i imagine
2018-3-23
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

ATL_AI Posted at 2018-3-23 04:18
no resolution as of yet. i called Dji and told them about my issues, i also included that the “overheating wanting, craft will descend” warning that pops up and they said to send it back to DJi. . i’m out of warranty so i’m looking at a large bill, i imagine

did you roll back the firmware to previous version? you might wan to try that as it will confirm if issue is app, hardware or firmware related
2018-3-23
Use props
ATL_AI
lvl.1

not yet , i was unsure how to do that. where can you get previous firmware releases?
2018-3-23
Use props
Chris Hosseini
New

United States

I’m having the exact same issue after a long storage.  It must be the firmware. I’ve only used the drone a few times.  Any solutions?
2020-2-3
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

Chris Hosseini Posted at 2-3 21:24
I’m having the exact same issue after a long storage.  It must be the firmware. I’ve only used the drone a few times.  Any solutions?

What charge and temperatures did you long store your battery?
2020-2-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Chris Hosseini Posted at 2-3 21:24
I’m having the exact same issue after a long storage.  It must be the firmware. I’ve only used the drone a few times.  Any solutions?

The batteries are "bricked", apparently. It may happen if smart batteries aren't used for long period of time and not maintained properly. There's few YT publications how to attempt to revive them, all involving disassembly. Sometimes just unplugging the balancing wire harness, letting it sit for a while and connecting it back does the trick.
2020-2-4
Use props
rick
New

United States

I spent a ton of time looking at links and forums regarding this Invalid Battery Warning, and finally found a solution that worked for me. I have 3 of the original batteries that came with my Phantom 3 package. One of the batteries very soon after using started this warning issue, and with all we read online about the nightmares of battery failure during flying, I never used it. Recently, I attempted again to use it with same warning appearing. Btw, the battery is fully charged. I did the cleaning of connectors and that wasn't the resolve. What did work was leaving it in the drone with all 4 navigation lights red, and letting it bleed itself off with the goal of discharging completely, then recharging. After the first light started blinking, the situation resolved itself. I took the drone out and ran it all the way down, recharged, and now it's back in the arsenal, working correctly. I hope this helps.
2020-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules