Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Follow me mode while skiing
1070 4 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Berserk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275814 ft
Norway

I was planing to use my mavic while skiing, my plan was to use the "follow me" mode. But the problem is that i think i have to put the controller in my backpack while skiing, and i am afraid of that the joysticks on the controler will move in my backpack while i ski...
Do anyone have some experience with this?

2018-3-15
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

https://www.amazon.com/Honsky-An ... ories/dp/B071YM5V9L

??
2018-3-15
Use props
Berserk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275814 ft
Norway

Jos A Posted at 2018-3-15 09:44
https://www.amazon.com/Honsky-Anti-shake-Controller-Transmitter-Accessories/dp/B071YM5V9L

??

I have seen this, but i am going skiing before i can get such a thing..
2018-3-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Note that the drone creates a tether to the GPS module in the device you are using when in the follow me mode - placing the RC/device in a zipped up back pack may cause signal loss or at least a disconnection in the tether. A better method may be to use active track whereby the drone will track you using the main sensor within the camera. You will definitely need an RC stick/screen protector if you're going to put the remote in a bag and you run the risk of losing signal in either mode. It's best if someone else controls the drone whilst you ski - providing VLOS can be maintained of course.
2018-3-15
Use props
MountainTriguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57923 ft
United States

this is exactly what I got mine for. I took mine out a few weeks ago. Didn't have very good luck with any of the track modes because I did try to put the controller in my back pack and the joysticks would rub and send the drone off some where. I ended up just holding the controller in one hand. But even then when I made a sharp turn the drone would lose me. I'm hoping it was only doing that because at that point I didn't know how to calibrate the compass correctly. So I did get one of those joystick covers. but the ski season is over. So I'll be doing some other tests in hopes the joystick covers work.
2018-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules