New battery wont charge?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andreaskal
lvl.1

Denmark

Hey guys!
I am totally new with drones but today i got myself my first one which was the Phantom 3 SE and everything except my battery works. The problem is that it wont charge and i have done everything i can without breaking the warranty to fix it:/ Well when i got it, it came in the drone and i turned it on but it just turned off after a few seconds and since then i havent been able to charge it. The charger(from DJI) says 17.4 V on my voltometer but neither that or the battery is getting anywhere near hot. After 2 hours of charging both my charger and battery is cold and my battery just blinks on LED 1 when i click on the power button. I have tried to turn it on but it just automatically turns off. When i try to charge it, it just fills the LED's up 3 times and then blinks on LED 1 all the time.

What can i do?
Andreas
2018-3-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

It may be in Hibernation Mode - which happens when the battery stands too long .... it basically discharges so low - it goes into protection mode.

OK - try this .... Please read carefully first ... understand and then do :

1. have charger and battery ready.
2. Switch on battery by doing the two presses - IGNORE lights ... FORM NOW - DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS .... Do NOTHING
3. Leave battery alone for at least 5 minutes.
4. DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS .... just plug in charger
5. Leave it alone quietly doing its thing. It may take an hour ... it may take all day ... LEAVE IT ALONE PLUGGED INTO CHARGER.

If it does not revive after most of the day - then its '******' ..... contact seller to demand a replacement.

Nigel
2018-3-15
Use props
Andreaskal
lvl.1

Denmark

solentlife Posted at 2018-3-15 11:26
It may be in Hibernation Mode - which happens when the battery stands too long .... it basically discharges so low - it goes into protection mode.

OK - try this .... Please read carefully first ... understand and then do :

Thanks for the response. I will look at it and hopefully return with answers
2018-3-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Just send it back right away.  As a brand new product, this should not have happened.
2018-3-15
Use props
Andreaskal
lvl.1

Denmark

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-3-15 12:15
Just send it back right away.  As a brand new product, this should not have happened.

I am probably gonna do that but im gonna try to write with the company i bought it through first. Maybe they can fix it? Also i dont want to wait like 2 weeks :/
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Andreas, I'm sorry for the troubles. Please kindly start a case and send it in for inspection: https://www.dji.com/support The local team will take care when they receive the package.
2018-3-15
Use props
Andreaskal
lvl.1

Denmark

Okay so here's a update:
I tried to charge it for 1.5 hrs and for 6 hrs none of it worked. I contacted both seller and DJI and they both said i should send it to DJI which will take minimum 15 days for a repair...
I think it really sucks that i ordered a brand new drone which DJI claims to have tested but then i get a defective battery and have to wait 2 damn weeks at least to get flying...
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules