Issues Connecting Devices to Controller
3815 8 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markfothebeast1
lvl.2

United States

I'm new to the Inspire 1 and currently have issues with both the Android application and connecting Android devices via USB to the remote control. I updated the remotes firmware just today and it hasn't changed anything. I've also tried several different cables with no success.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - This is the only device I was able to connect and it functions 100%. Unforunately, this device does not belong to me.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - Android 4.4.2 factory reset. The DJI GO Application does not open and causes Android to crash. I attempted to use older versions of the application as well without success.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Verizon)- There appears to be issues with USB connectivity. I've tried "USB Debug Mode", MTP mode, and so on. The phone seems to attempt to charge from the remote control although it is set to file transfer mode. Android had given me some type of USB data connectivity error which I can't quite recall the exact error message. This is the USB-C connector type on this phone. I don't know if that has anything to do with the issue.

LG G Pad 7.0 (Verizon) - I was able to successfully connect the tablet only once. It suddenly happened out of random. I went to fly the drone and it would no longer connect.

Currently, the only way for me to fly the drone is to borrow my girlfriends Samsung Galaxy S6. It's a bit frustrating. Am I needing a USB OTG adapter or cable?
2018-3-15
Use props
markfothebeast1
lvl.2

United States

Galaxy Note 8 Error: "The connected Device is unable to access data on this phone. Reconnect the USB cable and try again".
2018-3-15
Use props
markfothebeast1
lvl.2

United States

SUCCESS! Solution: The Galaxy Note 8 includes a Micro USB to USB-C adapter. I attached the adapter. After turning off USB Debug Mode - Shabang! DJI GO auto-popped up and it connected within seconds!
2018-3-15
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

markfothebeast1,  unfortunately,  what you need is a dedicated  Ipad mini, the best one you can afford. I have been using an Ipad mini 2 for over 3 years  and have NEVER had a problem with connection to the aircraft or felt as if there was not enough  processing speed.  Safety First! Ken.
2018-3-15
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

markfothebeast1, I'm glad you found a quick solution! If you get frustrated invest in a dedicated device.  Ken.
2018-3-15
Use props
markfothebeast1
lvl.2

United States

Highasakite Posted at 2018-3-15 12:16
markfothebeast1, I'm glad you found a quick solution! If you get frustrated invest in a dedicated device.  Ken.

Thanks for the suggestions. I plan to do just that. I was looking at the iPads, which I'm not familiar with. The larger ones didn't fit the controller mount. Overall, it appears that IOS users have had better luck with stability over Android users. So I will definitely take a look in to the iPad mini.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the late response because of the time difference, but glad to know the issue was figured out, like Highasakite suggested, we recommend to use the mobile device with strong decoding ability.
2018-3-15
Use props
markfothebeast1
lvl.2

United States

After I was able to connect the Galaxy Note 8 the first time, I went to fly and it would no longer connect.

Android automatically keeps changing the USB connection to "Charging" after I switch it over to "MTP".

There is no solution currently other than to root the device to disable the USB auto-detect feature.

DJI GO does open when the controller is plugged in but within that split second, this version of Android on the Verizon Note 8 does the old switcheroo on me and begins charging.

The proper fix for this would be for DJI GO to command the USB Port to MTP mode or to disable the USB auto-detect function.
2018-3-16
Use props
markfothebeast1
lvl.2

United States

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (210R) I mentioned in the initial post is now functioning. With a root and custom rom it now opens the DJI Go app and connects to the remote. It was initially only charging as well but I was able to disable charging mode via an Android app.
2018-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules