video and sound question
628 10 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

I see a lot of videos where they are talking at the same time the mavic air is recording is there something to turn on
in the app so you can narrate the video at the same time.

Thank You
Rudy
2018-3-15
Use props
Mr. Information
lvl.3

Philippines

If you are referring to having additional voice or sound while your recording a video. You may need to edit the video using a third party software once you finished the video for a narration added to the video.
2018-3-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mavic does not record sound. (that would only give you the noise from the engines).
There is an option to record sound from your phone via DJI Go4 with the cashed version of the video.
But if you want better sound, I would suggest getting either a camera with a mic + windshield or just a dedicated sound recorder + windshield (the last part is for the wind when you record outside).
And edit in post
2018-3-15
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
United States

Thank You.
2018-3-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2018-3-15
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Mr. Information Posted at 2018-3-15 12:15
If you are referring to having additional voice or sound while your recording a video. You may need to edit the video using a third party software once you finished the video for a narration added to the video.

I know in Davinci Resolve 14 (free App) you can do voice overs. It uses Fairlight to add the voice over and there are a few videos on YouTube that explains how to do it.

2018-3-15
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

as montfrooi says: There is an option to record sound from your phone via DJI Go4 app. it is the toggle below the one which says "cache video locally'  - it records from the phone, the sound is decent enough but not proffesional
2018-3-15
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-15 14:19
as montfrooi says: There is an option to record sound from your phone via DJI Go4 app. it is the toggle below the one which says "cache video locally'  - it records from the phone, the sound is decent enough but not proffesional

Thanks all will give it a try.
2018-3-15
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

What program do you use for post?  If you're on a Mac, iMovie is great and the easiest of the ones I've tried (plus free classes on it if you're near an Apple store).  Resolve is super heavyweight with far more features than I would ever use and pretty complex to learn.  I'm working with Adobe Premier Pro now, somewhere in between iMovie and Resolve for complexity of use.  But regardless, my opinion is that some kind of good post program is essential to getting good videos.  All of these types offer voice over.   Hope this offers some ideas for ya.  
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the replies above, please refer to their answers, they did a good job.
2018-3-15
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-15 20:31
Thanks for the replies above, please refer to their answers, they did a good job.

Thanks Thor they sure did come through.
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules