camera controls on phone (pro mode)
1536 3 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6776771a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8524 ft
United States

I am using a Galaxy S7 Edge with my Osmo Mobile 2. Is it possible in the DJI GO app to take advantage of the pro camera feature on the phone, where I can control exposure settings? The reason I want this (beyond just having more control), is that when doing a timelapse or motion timelapse and the sky changes color, or brightness the camera will automatically adjust it's exposure settings so that the scene is properly lit. This makes it impossible to do a timelapse with the sky in the image as it makes the exposure look weird. I'd like to be able to do a time lapse where it goes from light to dark. Right now the only settings for camera are the normal landscape or HDR.
2018-3-15
Use props
BigWheat
lvl.1
United States

I've seen screenshots on youtube of others using the osmo mobile 2 and it appears there is a manual adjust option in one of the menu's that I don't have. The video poster doesn't specify which phone he is using, but maybe this is available only with an iPhone? If that is is the case, are all Android phones missing this option?
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Probably an obvious point for both of you. If you go into the camera settings on the Go App, any changes can be made in that area. If you are not finding it in that area, you may not be able to update in the manner you like. This is for the Go4 App which is not quite the same as the Go App. However, it still bears repeating: https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-go-4-manual/8/
2018-3-16
Use props
BigWheat
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Mark. Unfortunately the Osmo Mobile 2 only works with the Go App and not the Go 4. The Go4 does allow for manual control, as I use it with my Mavic. I did also just receive confirmation from DJI support that manual control with the Go App and Osmo Mobile 2 is only compatible with iPhones and not Android.

Upon further testing though, I also discovered if you select an area on the screen when it's in the yellow circle mode (don't know what it's called), it will do an exposure lock. That should be good enough, hopefully to take care of changing light in a scene.
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules