Recovered Stolen Ronin M
811 2 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KPD Bateman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161801 ft
United States

This is a last ditch, "Hail Mary" effort to find the owner of a recently recovered stolen Ronin M. It is currently in the custody of the Kent Police Department in Washington State. I checked with DJI's online support, and when they checked the serial number, the only information the Rep could find was that it had an associated "ShipTime/ReceivedTime" of 3/23/2017 at 9:33am, and that it came from "Y AND Y Electronics LLC"; they could not tell me what city or state. I've surfed around on the web, but have not found a match for "Y AND Y Electronics" anywhere. I did power up the Ronin, connect it to the DJI Assistant app, and get the name of the device, and possible nickname of the owner. So, if anyone out there knows how to get more information from the serial number, or had a Ronin M stolen, please reply to this thread, or email me directly at kbateman@kentwa.gov. Thank you.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

It is really kind of you to provide help. Hope you can find the owner as soon as possible.
2018-3-16
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

Nice gesture KBateman, good looking out for the owner. DJI Support usually has an email address associated to the registered product as well, did DJI Support not give you an email address? I'm surprised DJI can't do more on their end to trace down the original re-seller (if it was bought from say B&H Photo online) or the actual registered product owner. Many DJI owners own multiple products as well, so again I'm just surprised that DJI Support didn't provide more material help. Good luck!
2018-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules