Issues with Mavic Air - Straight Out of Box
1114 4 2018-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans907b8e4c
New
United States

I have not seen anyone post these same issues yet, so I'm curious to know if anyone else is experiencing these same problems. Straight out of the box, my DJI Mavic Air was causing problems. Note: this is my third DJI drone and I have never experienced any issues previously.

I am experiencing many issues with my new Mavic Air. Firstly, I am able to connect the WiFi to my iPad and get everything ready for launch, until I try to turn on the drone with the controller. The sticks do not work and I cannot get the drone up in the air; it won't even turn on the blades.

Secondly, the drone's WiFi will not connect to my iPhone. It is the same password that is on the drone that I successfully connected with my iPad. Even when I turn my iPad WiFi off it will still not connect. The only way to connect my phone is through the RC Cable without WiFi.

Lastly, under the menu in the DJI Go4 app, it says "SD Card not fast enough" - but I am using a 64GB 400x XC-SD card that has never caused any issues in two other DJI drones I have owned, and it meets the requirements for the Mavic Air.

Apparently to get a replacement it must be done within 15 days (which I don't recall being notified of when ordering it); and since my work takes me away from home I was not able to order a replacement within that time frame. DJI Support had me send it off to the repair center, but it seems that I am having to pay for these repairs, even though the issues were straight out of the box - what I can only assume is the Mavic Air being in Beta when I ordered it. Incredibly dissatisfied with DJI's Customer Service.

Has anyone else had these issues?

2018-3-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Now I can't help you on the first ones, but that must be fixable.
Most of the times these issues are related to the order in which you connect.
The last one is common. The 100Mb/s requires very fast cards.
Now I'm not sure what brand you have, so I can't check.
2018-3-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

With which WiFi are you connecting your iPad? The Mavic Air? Of course your RC cannot work then. You have to connect your iPad via cable to the RC and the RC will connect to the Air via WiFi itself. Now you probably have to reset the Air first before it can connect again with the RC. And if it says that your SD card is too slow, it is a matter of fact. Probably you tried 4K right away where the Air has a writing speed of 100 Mb/s, much more than any other of the DJI consumer drones. At lower resolution your SD card might work, but if you want 4K you probably have to get a faster one.
2018-3-15
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Your card is likely an eBay fake, they will work in the Pro's, but NOT the Air, had the same issue. It's not an issue with the drone as such though, neither are the connection issues either. Read the manual, you are connecting the cable from the tablet to the controller right?
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, for the first question, you have your drone, RC and app connected properly, right? Is there any error code when trying to launch the drone? Please help to confirm if your RC is in Mode 2, when using the custom RC mode, users might not able to launch the drone via the combination stick command, if you are in beginner mode, the drone will also not take off when there is no GPS signal. If the cases above are not your situation, please provide me with the operating video. Or you can try to use the auto take off on the app.
For the second issue, what is the reaction of the WiFi or app when trying the connect the WiFi via your iPhone? Please try to reset the WiFi of the drone by long press the function button for about 9 seconds and connect again.
For the SD card, we're not able to confirm the compatibility of other types of SD cards. Therefore, we advise using the recommended SD cards which have been tested and verified and could ensure the full functions. Thank you for your support. SD card.png
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules