Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I have entered the warranty/ repair abyss, what should i expect
1494 24 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

Ok....sent in phantom v3 and shows delivered on saturday, when should i expect to hear anything? I have already written off 2 months on flying based on all horrible service reviews, but what happens on next step?
2015-5-5
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I guess it depends on where you sent it, Europe, America or China ?
Never needed to contact DJI or send them anything personally, but I would have thought you would get it back in your timeframe specified.
2015-5-5
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-6 06:36
I guess it depends on where you sent it, Europe, America or China ?
Never needed to contact DJI or s ...

usa, yes they basically say do not call for 5 weeks
2015-5-5
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

I am in my seventh week. They said it is ready but packing and shipping is behind about two weeks. Whatever that means.
2015-5-5
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.4

United States

I would say allowing 2 months turnaround is the norm for most repairs now.  They usually do the repair within one day.  It just takes weeks to get it on the repair bench due to overload.
2015-5-6
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

a.  i sent my first one in and it has been six weeks now waiting.  b.  my 2nd phantom had roughly th same issue three days before leaving on a trip and i had to pay $200 for parts and labor to replace the esc and motor.  

i would have soldered them in myself but wanted to make sure they were done properly so paid the money.  i would choose option "b" again every time.  
2015-5-8
Use props
robnucci
New

United States

I sent my Phantom 2 vision plus, version 3 for a check of the ESC's for the ESC recall (basically, with Ver3 they upgraded motors to 800 g, but some were manufactured with the old ESC's that cannot handle current draw of new motors).  So i shipped it back to have it inspected and warranty repaired if needed.  I shipped it last week of march, received the zendesk check in Apr 5th, and I know nothing else as of May 8th.  I sent them an email tonight for an update, but I doubt I will know anything.  Based upon what I've read, it will be another 3 weeks at least before I have it back.
I don't understand the issues, unless they either have a high volume of problems, or are understaffed.  There is a certified repair outfit here in Texas - I would figure that they could divert a lot of repairs to this outfit rather than have it sent to California to sit in a warehouse for a month plus.
I was seriously considering a P3 maybe around the end of this year, but this has really turned me off.  I've had the P2 since Christmas, and now that the weather is nice I would like to be out flying, but instead I'm in the abyss wondering when I will receive my drone back.
2015-5-8
Use props
gil
Captain
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.  Not trying to be flippant, just the harsh reality of an overburdened repair system.  My own solution was to order another Phantom the same day I shipped off the mangled one because I could see how this was going to be the "standard" for some time to come.  Took only five days for the new one to arrive.  I do understand that is not an option that everyone can afford.  As it turns out my damaged P2V+ was replaced with a refurbished Phantom in less than four weeks -- yes, I was pleasantly surprised!

By the way, I've noticed that some DJI Authorized Retailers are offering refurbished Phantoms on eBay for as little as $399 for a P2.  Even saw a P2V+ version 3 for $749.  Wish there were that many floating around a year ago when I had my first crash!
2015-5-9
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

it took sex weeks for me to receive the results of their check in process.
2015-5-9
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

This week is my 9 week in repair due to an upgrade issue that killed the gimbal. They said they replaced  the gimbal and camera, good warranty service. Still waiting on return shipment to me.
2015-5-10
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

ok, thanks all on your updates and keep them coming!  I have confirmation landed in there CA office on 5/1, eagerly awaiting a Zen number?? I was told that would be to me one week after it was in their hands, first step i am two days behind, nothing.
2015-5-10
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
  • >>>
Argentina

they say nothing.
then they say something.
then you hear nothing.
then it ships.
i wish someone else had a better quad.  am about to buy an inspire and i know the service sucks there too.  S**T.
2015-5-12
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-5-13 06:55
they say nothing.
then they say something.
then you hear nothing.

i think that says it all!! LOL
2015-5-12
Use props
flyingduck88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

They’ve had mine for 2 weeks. Just git an email that it was finally checked in to the “support data base” Then….Next, your unit will be documented in our Repair Software, which the repair technicians use to track their work. Once that process is done, your product will be placed in line with other repairs, and continually move up until a repair technician services it at a work bench. Our estimated time of repair is 5-6 weeks from the date of check-in.
SOOOOO…….I just don’t get it. How can any repair process take this long? Unless they have a constant barrage of funked up phantoms…….Ugh…
2015-5-13
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

Yep....2 weeks here too, no email, not anything, i wish i would have put it on ebay for parts and just be able to walk away from this madness.
2015-5-16
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

2.5  weeks nada
2015-5-19
Use props
captdkp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4521345 ft
United States

Next step is to see the CEO photographed with his arms spread wide inviting everyone to enter the service and repair abyss.   Oh, forgot, there will also be an article explaining that the CEO of the company and the company itself has conned everyone to value itself at $10B dollars.
2015-5-19
Use props
deboldt
lvl.1

United States

I really hope with all the money recently invested, they put some towards tech support. I couldn't stand the thought of not flying for a whole summer so I bought a P3. Can only fly for 20 minutes though. Been waiting  several weeks for second battery purchased when I ordered the P3.
2015-5-19
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

hope they do to debolt but.........THEY SENT ME THE EMAIL!! 18 days after was delivered i got email from zendesk, no sign in instructions but after 15 minutes got in but there is nothing in there to review.  Oh well its a start i guess! so 25 days after i sent they checked me in!!  i guess in 30 days i may get a bill....i hope my warranty covers the damage as it should.  I will forget all about this if they do me right!  What really sucks is I got my FAA exception today to legally fly it commercially!  I guess the extra 45 to 60 days more that i have to go will give me time to get my pvt pilots license current! Cant believe the FAA wants my single engine plane VFR current to fly a drone legally for money but oh well i am happy on all today!!
2015-5-19
Use props
flyingduck88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

Just an update on my situation. So far, all good news! Maybe DJI is listening to us?

I got an email yesterday letting me know that my P2 was repaired and will be shipping soon. I responded with a follow up question and had an answer within an hour. This morning I had an email with a FedEx tracking number. Here's the best part. DJI covered the repairs UNDER WARRANTY!!! No charge AND under 5 weeks!? Kudos to DJI!
Of course I don't have it back and things could always go horribly wrong but I see my glass as half full so far.
I can only hope that others start to get better service like I have experienced and we start seeing less and less of the horror stories. It can only help better our hobby in the end. Keep it up DJI!!
2015-6-11
Use props
Faken
lvl.3

Canada

I shipped in my gimbal and camera from my P2v+ last week and bought a new one off eBay while I wait for the old one to be repaired.  So it's been 8 days and no check in yet.

Dan
2015-6-11
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

I have to take everything bad I've ever said about DJI back! Just got a notice that they repaired everything, I will copy and paste the list of things they did three motors, motherboard, camera, gimbal, and shipped it back today! With tracking number, I'm sold, DJI rocks!
2015-6-15
Use props
Faken
lvl.3

Canada

My camera and gimbal checked in last Friday, so took 10 days for my check in.
2015-6-15
Use props
JATO
Second Officer

United States

I feel for you guys having to wait so long. I have not had to send my unit back to DJI but I thought I was going to have to when the gimbal got screwed up after a light crash. They wanted me to send it back but I learned it just needed to be recalibrated correctly on this forum.   

DJI could take a lesson from Align USA. Align (China) is a company that builds RC helis and quadcopters. They even build an aerial photography heli and a quadcopter.  While am not saying they sell as many units as DJI they sell a lot of RC helis. They are the largest Heli brand in the world.  Just do a search on Youtue for Align or Trex Helicopters. My full up 600L heli kit with a flight battery pack set cost  as much as my P2V+.  

Anyway I had an Align flight controller (like a NAZA controller) called a GPRO that I had a issue with so I called them up. They said mail it to the California sale/service enter and they would take a look at it. So I packeded it up and mailed it  on Thursday of last week,  I didn't get an RMA number (even though I was supported too)  I just send it and letter with the issue and a copy of the purchase order addressed to "Service".

Yesterday I got and email saying they received it and had programmed it and mounted on a 500E helicopter and flew it and it works. The tech had a GoPro on and filmed the bench test pointing out that everything was working while connected to the PC (like the PC Assistant), He then filmed  him carrying it out to the test flight in their parking lot!  He actually filmed 2 flights as his GoPro batteries died during the first flight.  How cool is that,. It only  took them 2 days to get back to me with info about a working product.

Are you listening DJI?

2015-6-17
Use props
johnk456
lvl.1

United States

Faken Posted at 2015-6-12 01:03
I shipped in my gimbal and camera from my P2v+ last week and bought a new one off eBay while I wait  ...

it actually took me 18 days to check in but from the time i sent and confirmed they got to actually repaired and shipped back, was a total 6 weeks, but well worth the wait as I was probably technically out of warranty and It was a crash situation with no real proof, video, showing non pilot error.  I am a fan of dji although yes hope turn times come down.  I am reallly eyeballing the phantom 3 now!
2015-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules