Shutter via RSS for a NIKON D810
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Desertcruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5203159 ft
Switzerland

Hello guys...

I want to take still photos and do not need to turn around the Ronin MX.

Do i understand it right: Connecting my D810 via HDMI cable to the LB2 on the Matrice 600 pro.
The LB2 submits the live image to my screen.

If i want to take a shot, i klick on my screen for taking a photo.
The LB2 send it to the LB2 on the Matrice600pro.
The LB2 on the Matrice sends the order via cable to the RSS? Or va infrared?
The RSS can send the signal via cable to my D810 and she takes a shot?

Or how is it detailed?

I'm stuck.
Please help me understand that in simple words...

Chris
2018-3-16
Use props
Desertcruiser
lvl.4
Switzerland

Or is it possible to wire t D810 with two cables direct to the LB2 on the Matrice?
One HDMI for the image
One Shutter cabke direct to the LB2

As i sayd before, no turning of the Ronin MX necessaey.
Only tilting up and down...
2018-3-16
Use props
Desertcruiser
lvl.4
Switzerland

No one an idea?
2018-3-18
Use props
sftmthd
lvl.2
United States

hi. i'm using a d850 on my LB2/N3 setup, which is pretty similar to the setup of the M600.

i don't think that tapping on the screen will trigger the shutter, but in my case i've set up the shutter button on the LB2 remote control to trigger the shutter.

the setup is much as you've described it, here's the detail of how i do it.

d850 (d810) camera is connected via HDMI cable to the HDMI input of the LB2. (lightweight mini -> micro hdmi)
F2 port of the N3 is connected to an "rc to nikon" shutter adapter. the adapter requires power too, so in my case i connected it through the aux port of my gimbal (gremsy t3) which adds power. https://forum.dji.com/thread-134231-1-1.html
before taking off, turn on live view on the camera, and set to the appropriate mode. personally, i put it in M (manual) with a shutter speed of 1/500, aperture between 1.8 and 4.0 depending on lighting, and auto-iso which guarantees good exposure. i typically position the focus point below center. you won't be able to move it in flight. i also like to use bracketing with a stop plus and minus, and i often set the EV to -.3 or -.7. these cameras have so much DR (much more than anything DJI makes) that it's not a big deal if you under or over expose a bit, but i still like a clean raw file.
you ought to see the video feed on your tablet connected to the remote controller. when you hit the shutter it will focus and take the picture.

unfortunately these are SLR cameras, so the image will black out for a second while the shutter fires. best to do this when the drone is not moving!

in my experience with the LB2 and D810, the quality of the video feed was not very good, and there were frequent "refresh" pauses on the display. shutter blackouts were long. the d850 does much better.

there may also someday be intelli-g support for the d850 and d500, which would allow setting aperture and so on in flight.

it's also too bad nikon doesn't include the cheap infrared sensor on the pro cameras. the front facing IR sensor of the D7500 etc could be used to trigger the camera more easily than a physical connection through the gimbal.
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules