Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 pro vs Apple
1483 14 2018-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SashaSmith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12349 ft
Sweden

Seems like anything that comes from Apple is not compatible with Phanton 4pro..
Not even this web page..
I have an ipad mini that cannot download the app DJI GO4 because ”it is not compatible”
It was the same for my iphone 7 but I fixed that somehow.
Now after 2 months from buying the drone I was ready to fly but surprise: the phone does not connect to the drone.  WTF?
Seriously...
I have no options I can think of. Whatcan I do?
2018-3-16
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Buy an android
2018-3-16
Use props
FarmerMac
First Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Well I got the Go 4 app on my iPhone 7, and two iPads. No problem at all. I use the app for my Spark.
Also got the “old” GO app for my OSMO+.
Both versions downloaded without any problems.
2018-3-16
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

The incompatibility is not between Apple and DJI, it is between both of them and Surströmming...  Get rid of it and all will work peaches.
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Smith, may I know which iPad Mini do you use? If it is the 1st generation, you may get the incompatible message. As for the connection with iPhone 7 and P4P, what's the current OS on your mobile? Please update to the latest version and re-plug to see whether it works.
2018-3-16
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I am pretty sure that a much larger percentage of pilots use ios  rather than android.
2018-3-16
Use props
SashaSmith
lvl.1
Sweden

The ipad 2mini, with 9.3.5 ios which should be compatible.
The ipone 7 with 11.2.6 ios.

In both cases no other updates are available.
2018-3-16
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I have a completely Apple workflow from phones and ipads to control my drones through to imac to process the images. Never had a problem with them.
2018-3-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

No issues with iOS + DJI (Go and Go4 both work flawlessly)
2018-3-16
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

All Apple here (except the Pro+ controller) I’ve only used iOS with everything I have from DJI. It all works perfectly. IPhone8+, iPad Air, MacBook, zero defects.

Jeff
2018-3-16
Use props
Scott.
First Officer
Flight distance : 294006 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As above, everything Apple here. I have flown both my Mavic and P4P using, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPhone X with no problems what so ever
2018-3-16
Use props
sidtx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

I fly both my Spark and P3S on Iphone 6S.   No issues at all

Spark using DJI Go 4,   and P3S and Osmo Mobile 2 using DGI GO.      

Everything works as advertised with no issues.

Sid
2018-3-16
Use props
SashaSmith
lvl.1
Sweden

I deleted the app and re-installed it with faster/better wifi since iphone has a limitation to 100MB or so.
Now it.s working, I tryed it a bit but 9-10m/s wind and below 0 temp cut it short...
Ipad 2 mini still not compatible and I.d realy like a bigger screen than iphone 7!!!
2018-3-16
Use props
simonphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13789 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-16 03:01
Hey Smith, may I know which iPad Mini do you use? If it is the 1st generation, you may get the incompatible message. As for the connection with iPhone 7 and P4P, what's the current OS on your mobile? Please update to the latest version and re-plug to see whether it works.

Sort of the same problem. I've tried my iPhone 12 which is running OS 15.6.1, and my iPad Pro which runs the same OS. Not sure if they're the problem but I can't get past an error message I get that says, "7001 - DJI check air encoder error reason. Under that it says, "Solution: DJI check air encoder restart solution." I don't have a clue what that means. I have two Phantom 4 Pro drones and two controllers. I get the same message with both drones. Could this be an Apple/DJI incompatibility thing? I've seen a lot of posts on the web about DJI and Apple not getting along. HELP!!!!
2022-9-23
Use props
simonphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13789 ft
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-3-16 09:12
All Apple here (except the Pro+ controller) I’ve only used iOS with everything I have from DJI. It all works perfectly. IPhone8+, iPad Air, MacBook, zero defects.

Jeff

Man, wish I could pick your brain! I can't even get my drones off the ground. I'm wondering if it's an Apple issue??? I've seen a lot of stuff online about Apple and DJI. You must have the magic touch, Amigo!
2022-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules