Flying practice at the old landfill
620 13 2018-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MS-Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 853684 ft
Denmark

Video of me practicing my flying skills at the old landfill.
The landfill was closed in 1994 and has since slowly been transformed to a very nice recreation area.

The video was made on my Ipad mini. The music I am still working on

2018-3-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see
2018-3-16
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

Looks like a great area to fly in. Nice and peaceful.
2018-3-16
Use props
MS-Spark
lvl.4
Denmark

jksphoto Posted at 2018-3-16 03:19
Looks like a great area to fly in. Nice and peaceful.

Jep, good area to fly in.  At this time of the year there are not that many people around. When summer comes it will not be possible to fly there, do to the many people around.
2018-3-16
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

MS-Spark Posted at 2018-3-16 03:37
Jep, good area to fly in.  At this time of the year there are not that many people around. When summer comes it will not be possible to fly there, do to the many people around.

make the most of it while you can then
2018-3-16
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Great Flying - The water made it even more challenging!
2018-3-16
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

nice practice location!
and nice flying!
2018-3-16
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

fun location - what a place to fly!
2018-3-16
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like a fun location.  Sure beats flying around trees and branches (at least you can SEE what it is your going to hit.  Were you using obstical avoidance?
2018-3-16
Use props
MS-Spark
lvl.4
Denmark

WebParrot Posted at 2018-3-16 17:51
Looks like a fun location.  Sure beats flying around trees and branches (at least you can SEE what it is your going to hit.  Were you using obstical avoidance?

A very good location.

Yes, it was on, but I might as well have turned it off. It didn't stop the aircraft at any time.
2018-3-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool vid!      
2018-3-16
Use props
Slipursons
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6443993 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Awesome video, I could almost feel your pulse go up as you flew through that structure :p
2018-3-17
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

MS-Spark Posted at 2018-3-16 23:22
A very good location.

Yes, it was on, but I might as well have turned it off. It didn't stop the aircraft at any time.

Wow.  Today I was flying around some of my trees, taking photos of dead branches ( to get an estimate from an arborist ).  I had to turn off "avoidance" in order to get close enough for good images.    Must be varying levels of sensitivity!
2018-3-17
Use props
MS-Spark
lvl.4
Denmark

WebParrot Posted at 2018-3-17 17:42
Wow.  Today I was flying around some of my trees, taking photos of dead branches ( to get an estimate from an arborist ).  I had to turn off "avoidance" in order to get close enough for good images.    Must be varying levels of sensitivity!

The question made me wonder if there actually were any warnings.

Before my previous answered, I checked my flight log and didn't see any notifications/warnings about obstacle avoidance, except the one just before landing saying "Obstacle avoidance will be disabled in landing".

I don't know if obstacle avoidance notifications appear in the fligth log, maybe others knows.

I know when recording video, Spark kind off "zooms" a bit compared to taking photos, which make things appear closer than they are in real.

When looking at the video recordings again, it appears as the drone stops at a certain distance just before I fly though the hole in the concrete wall for the first time. This could be the obstacle avoidance sensor stopping the drone.
To be honest, I was concentrating more on visuel flying, than looking at my screen.
2018-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules