Question for IOS DJI GO app
1488 16 2018-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

IMG_0003.PNG Hi! I have a question about the ios dji go app. The "calibrate" displays always there? because in android does not exist. The ios app have some differences

2018-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I have that has well on my iphone, check the compass readings and if they fine dont worry. I was worried when i first saw this and switched to my samsung before takeoff and suprisingly there was no errors, i put this down to a bug in the go4 app for ios, i did the remove and install again on iphone and still same, my friends also shows this error but it does not affect flight
2018-3-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is not an error (compass shown as 'normal'), it is simply a shortcut button to calibrate the compass if needed. The school of thought amongst most is that compass should only need calibrating when advised by system, or perhaps investigating any erratic flight behaviour.
In  previous build this shortcut only appeared in the Aircraft Status listing IF system requested a calibration. For some reason DJI have changed their policy regarding compass calibration again in the latest manual for the Mavic Pro, which recommends calibration if over a certain distance from previous flight etc. The First manual, and the manuals for the P4, P4P, P4A & Inspire 2 recommended calibration only when system advised.
2018-3-16
Use props
Mr. Information
lvl.3

Philippines

That is normal  DJI go app for android and apple may have some differences but they work the same.   It should be important to calibrate your compass if needed once there is a reminder
2018-3-16
Use props
integer
First Officer
Greece

I know that, just because I use ios for the first time,  i notice some differences. i want to be sure. I also noticed  the button of  Intelligent Flight Modes missing
thanks for help guys
2018-3-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

integer Posted at 2018-3-16 07:18
I know that, just because I use ios for the first time,  i notice some differences. i want to be sure. I also noticed  the button of  Intelligent Flight Modes missing
thanks for help guys

Make sure your RC is not set to 'sport' mode (switch on right side of RC), in sports mode 'Intelligent' flight modes will not be seen.
2018-3-16
Use props
integer
First Officer
Greece

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-16 07:49
Make sure your RC is not set to 'sport' mode (switch on right side of RC), in sports mode 'Intelligent' flight modes will not be seen.

its not on sport mode my friend. i never use sport mode
2018-3-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

integer Posted at 2018-3-16 07:51
its not on sport mode my friend. i never use sport mode

In your case 'ATTI' is showing on display which means no GPS reception available, which is required for Intelligent flight modes.
2018-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-16 07:09
It is not an error (compass shown as 'normal'), it is simply a shortcut button to calibrate the compass if needed. The school of thought amongst most is that compass should only need calibrating when advised by system, or perhaps investigating any erratic flight behaviour.
In  previous build this shortcut only appeared in the Aircraft Status listing IF system requested a calibration. For some reason DJI have changed their policy regarding compass calibration again in the latest manual for the Mavic Pro, which recommends calibration if over a certain distance from previous flight etc. The First manual, and the manuals for the P4, P4P, P4A & Inspire 2 recommended calibration only when system advised.

Thanks for that info, here I thought it was a bug in the ios app all the time.
2018-3-16
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-16 07:09
It is not an error (compass shown as 'normal'), it is simply a shortcut button to calibrate the compass if needed. The school of thought amongst most is that compass should only need calibrating when advised by system, or perhaps investigating any erratic flight behaviour.
In  previous build this shortcut only appeared in the Aircraft Status listing IF system requested a calibration. For some reason DJI have changed their policy regarding compass calibration again in the latest manual for the Mavic Pro, which recommends calibration if over a certain distance from previous flight etc. The First manual, and the manuals for the P4, P4P, P4A & Inspire 2 recommended calibration only when system advised.

Aardvark Is right on his reply.

The only thing I would add is if there is a Calibration Error make sure you are not standing over anything that would cause a magnetic interference. I once stood over a Surveyors' medallion, got the error ,recalibrated a few times before I was smart enough to move off of the medallion. The medallion was covered over with the landing pad
2018-3-16
Use props
integer
First Officer
Greece

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-16 07:53
In your case 'ATTI' is showing on display which means no GPS reception available, which is required for Intelligent flight modes.

ATTI  shows because I just opened it, then turn to GPS.  i just  restarted the aircraft and is ok. strange things happen
2018-3-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's always there and very handy to calibrate quicker than going through all of the other screens.
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please do not feel worry about it. It shows "normal"  in your app. Please calibrate it when your app remind you. Or you can calibrate it when your drone fail to hover stably.
2018-3-18
Use props
integer
First Officer
Greece

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-18 23:06
Please do not feel worry about it. It shows "normal"  in your app. Please calibrate it when your app remind you. Or you can calibrate it when your drone fail to hover stably.

Thank you! I want to ask you one more thing. I have the platinum but in the forum display the original mavic, why?
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

integer Posted at 2018-3-19 00:24
Thank you! I want to ask you one more thing. I have the platinum but in the forum display the original mavic, why?

Please provide me the SN of your drone and the email you used for activation. You can PM the info. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-20
Use props
integer
First Officer
Greece

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-20 03:28
Please provide me the SN of your drone and the email you used for activation. You can PM the info. Thanks for your support.

pm send. thanks
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Get your PM. I will forward the situation
2018-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules