Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote control won't update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jessr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,
I am using a Phantom 3 Advanced, it is someone elses and hasnt been used in month so hasnt been updated. When I initially used it, the drone would fly but would not connect to the app and there would be no 'camera view' screen on the app, only the 'how to connect' screen. I have updated the drone to the newest firmware, however the remote control will not update. I have tried using a USB to update it and also tried connecting it via USB to the drone itself and been unsuccessful. Now that the aircraft is updated, the drone will no longer fly as I believe the drone and remote are running different firmwares. The remote has a constantly flashing red and green LED and although the camera gimbal can move the camera on the drone, the drone flashes yellow to say its unconnected.
Does anyone have any advice please?

Thanks,
Jess
2018-3-16
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Have you tried to re-link the two? Yes, the yellow on your phantom says it is not connected, and maybe it has lost the link between it and the RC. If you can re-link, maybe you can look in the GO app to see what version everything is on. It is best to upgrade the RC thru the app, and if you can get connected it might allow you to do that. Give it a try.
2018-3-16
Use props
jessr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply. I can't relink the two as the app never recognises that it is connected to the controller, which also means I can't find out what version of software they all have :-(
2018-3-16
Use props
jessr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Also, tried to update the RC through the assistant app on PC and it doesn't find it being connected although the PC shows it connected in the Device Manager!
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Jess, the RC of P3A doesn't support to update via DJI Assistant 2. Please refer below and try to update the RC again:
Turn off the RC, hold the C1+C2+Record Button+Gimbal Dial at the same time, then turn on the RC again to connect the APP, check the Overall Status in APP and update.
2018-3-17
Use props
jessr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Susan,
I have tried that but nothing happens. The app just always stays at the how to connect page.
2018-3-19
Use props
jessr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

When I turn the remote back on whilst holding those buttons down, the LED is white when it comes back on. Is that right?
2018-3-19
Use props
repairman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

doesnt the rc unit only update thru the dji go,after a certain firmware update?
2018-4-7
Use props
jessr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Not sure, I sent it back for repair and got it back today. I'm recharging them now before I test them, will let you know if its worked!
2018-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules