Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Refresh
542 8 2018-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tfernandes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17100 ft
Germany

Hello all,

Does the DJI Refresh package cover loss of drone?

My Drone is still in Warranty and it will end in August 2018.

I'm in germany and i have personal liability insurance for the spark - which means the insurance will cover any damage done to another person's property due to my spark but will not cover damage to the spart itself.

I'm looking out for something where if my spark is lost I can get atleast 70% or 100% of the amount back as a claim - 70% will also do so that I can buy a new Spark / Mavic Pro.

Please advise

-thads

2018-3-16
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.4

Philippines

I am sorry to hear about the lost of drone. DJI CARE REFRESH does not cover lost drones. You may need to contact dji support to request a case for consultation instead
2018-3-16
Use props
lowcountryquad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24869 ft
United States

https://www.dji.com/support
they will open a case file for fly away lost drones
2018-3-16
Use props
Hddeuce
Second Officer
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

He never said he lost his drone lol.  He's asking if DJI Refresh covers the loss of a drone.  I don't have DJI refresh so someone that does should answer.
2018-3-16
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.4

Philippines

Hddeuce Posted at 2018-3-16 12:01
He never said he lost his drone lol.  He's asking if DJI Refresh covers the loss of a drone.  I don't have DJI refresh so someone that does should answer.

Haha   guess your right, Dji care refresh still does not cover lost drones though

DJi care refresh covers (condition which the drone must be sent back to get a replacement)
User Error

Signal Interference

Collision

Water Damage

Drop Damage
2018-3-16
Use props
sidtx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

Arcobaleno Reborn Posted at 2018-3-16 12:12
Haha   guess your right, Dji care refresh still does not cover lost drones though

DJi care refresh covers (condition which the drone must be sent back to get a replacement)

Arcobaleno Reborn is correct.

DJI Refresh will only replace your Spark, if you have the damaged/dead drone to send to them.   It does not cover you if you can not send them your original drone.

As for Cost -- (I'm in the USA, so all I see is the US Dollars costs)
    to purchase DJI Care Refresh -- $59
     First Spark replacement         -- $49
     Second Spark Replacement    -- $69         

In my case,  I did purchase DJI Care for my spark.  So I already have $59 cost,

If I crash my spark, or land it in the water,  or somehow break it,  the cost  for me to get a replacement from DJI will be $49.      Adding up, that means that my first replacement has cost me a total of $118.   That's about 1/3 of the cost of a new spark right now ($399).   I thought that it is a good deal, so I purchased DJI Care.    Haven't had to use it yet.  Hopefully I never will, but it's nice knowing that I am covered.

Sid
2018-3-16
Use props
tfernandes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17100 ft
Germany

Thats nice - In germany we have personal liability Insurance fro drones - That means if my drone damages someone else property , it will be covered by insurance.  DJI Refresh seems to be a good option.  I already have dji care currently valid till August 2018 . So i can get the dji refresh in september 2018.

I will still look out for drone loss insurance if there anything like this existing.

I have heard sparks / mavics flyway scenarios which are frequent - scary feeling - if i have n insurance that covers drone loss it would be a blessing.

-thads
2018-3-16
Use props
dji TO88
Captain
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

In order to claim through refresh you need your drone if it's lost completely then they won't do anything for you.
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Thads, thanks for your interests in DJI Care Refresh. I'm sorry to tell you that the DJI Care Refresh does not cover flyaway for the moment. In case the drone flies away, you can contact our support start a case if the drone is still in warranty period.

BTW, Spark only has DJI Care Refresh plan which cannot be extended, please kindly note and understand.
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules