Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MP Pilots - ensure battery fitted
373 7 2018-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru MP UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hi all, a heads up for an oversight issue. By mentioning it i hope others will avoid this mistake.

Today for the first time after many flights i did not install my battery correctly.
I only noticed when i did a hand land that the one side (facing me) of the battery was not clipped in and was sitting proud of its proper position.
Fortunately i was flying gently or it might have come loose and fallen out.

It does not appear to be any problem with my battery so i must have neglected to ensure it was 100% clipped in before take off -
i will not do that again - hope no one else does either.

2018-3-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Test by lifting up by battery?
Test by turning upside down?
2018-3-16
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Captain
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-16 14:53
Test by lifting up by battery?
Test by turning upside down?

in future i will do a tri-sensory installation procedure.
1. listen for double click
2. feel over the top surface to ensure the battery is not proud of the aircraft casing
3. visually check to ensure there is no abnormal gap between battery casing and aircraft housing.

should take less than a few seconds
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for sharing your story. Pilots need to check if all the parts are mounted properly including the props and battery and remember to remove the gimbal lock ett. before taking off. Safety is the priority.
2018-3-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good info to share
2018-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So many crashes from something so simple, but very few will admit or even realize what they inadvertently done.
2018-3-19
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem with just one of my batteries, after inspection of all the batteries I can’t find any physical differences so After inserting battery I pull up on the sides without touching the buttons, just to make sure
2018-3-19
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Captain
South Africa

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-19 05:18
So many crashes from something so simple, but very few will admit or even realize what they inadvertently done.

i was lucky to notice the gap when it landed - if it landed facing the other way i would not have seen
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules