Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying Inspire 1 indoors in a No Fly Zone
1601 4 2015-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jim.jimrichard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12382 ft
United States

Can anyone tell me if I will be able to fly my Inspire 1 INDOORS (no GPS signal) in a No Fly Zone? I will be right next to a small regional airport, but INSIDE a convention hall where I'm certain a GPS signal will not be received.

2015-5-5
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

If there is no GPS signal then the bird won't know it's location, therefore the NFZ functionality is irrelevant.
Would suggest a site reccy to ensure that there is in fact no signal available, then keep your mobile device in airplane mode while operating - should be good to go?
2015-5-5
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

China

And make sure the device is not caching the maps before you switch to airplane mode.
2015-5-5
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-5-6 09:09
If there is no GPS signal then the bird won't know it's location, therefore the NFZ functionality is ...

Excellent point!
2015-5-5
Use props
ktpens1
lvl.1

United States

No problems inside or outside my hangar at a Class C, but I don't think its actually in the system as a no-fly zone.

I've also had no problems flying in GPS mode in areas where there is a TFR. This was a test, just to see if the inspire gps system is integrated with the FAA TFR's...which it appears not to be.

You think you get in trouble near an airport? See what happened when you violate a TFR when the president is in town....
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules