Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Peak District UK
1756 33 2018-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mitch72
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69213 ft
United Kingdom

Well not the best of photo's.. trying to get this shot the app kept dropping connection with the drone, on one occasion when the mavic just climbed out of sight, I did wonder if I would ever get her back LOL.. On other occsaions she just flew around in what ever direction she wanted, not too sure if it is the latest firmware version causing the fault, or if the tempreture was too cold... Certainly a good cure for constipation.

Peak District

Peak District
2018-3-16
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get yourself to the top of Mam-Tor if the weather permits - 53.349358, -1.809678
2018-3-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Nice picture, thank you!
2018-3-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice shot     
2018-3-17
Use props
Wyke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Nice picture. Just a shame cloud base wasn’t a thousand feet higher
2018-3-17
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wyke Posted at 2018-3-17 01:17

Never is in the Peak District. Clear Blue skies one minute, blink and the nasty stuff has closed in and you can't see 10 feet in front, not to mention gale force winds. Beautiful and on the doorstep but you have to be early out there. Map, compass and the right gear required most of the time.
2018-3-17
Use props
Leftyguy
Captain
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Very Nice Shot!
2018-3-17
Use props
kfloke
Captain
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Very beautiful
2018-3-17
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Captain
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Very lovely photo.  
2018-3-17
Use props
Mitch72
Second Officer
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-3-17 00:48
Get yourself to the top of Mam-Tor if the weather permits - 53.349358, -1.809678

Need to sort out why the app kept disconnecting from the drone first LOL... will certainly give it a look though
2018-3-17
Use props
Mitch72
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-17 00:50
Nice picture, thank you!

Thank you...
2018-3-17
Use props
Mitch72
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you ...
2018-3-17
Use props
Mitch72
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Wyke Posted at 2018-3-17 01:17

Thank you.... I quite like it with the low level cloud, if the app didn't keep loosing connection I would have flown into the cloud lol
2018-3-17
Use props
Mitch72
Second Officer
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-3-17 01:33
Never is in the Peak District. Clear Blue skies one minute, blink and the nasty stuff has closed in and you can't see 10 feet in front, not to mention gale force winds. Beautiful and on the doorstep but you have to be early out there. Map, compass and the right gear required most of the time.

Most definitely is... the weather does change very quick and at both extremes...
53.229920,  -1.960612
2018-3-17
Use props
Mitch72
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you ...
2018-3-17
Use props
Mitch72
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you ...
2018-3-17
Use props
Mitch72
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you ...
2018-3-17
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A lovely shot, well done.
2018-3-17
Use props
astrofly
Captain
Flight distance : 554301 ft
Italy

Good brown winter panorama. Thanks
2018-3-17
Use props
Leftyguy
Captain
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Your Welcome
2018-3-17
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mitch72 Posted at 2018-3-17 10:08
Need to sort out why the app kept disconnecting from the drone first LOL... will certainly give it a look though

What device are you using. I know there was an issue with the latest IOS version a few weeks back but seems to be sorted now. 2nd time this had happened with the Go App and Apple. Hope you sort it. Woke up this morning to 4-5 inches of snow everywhere. Goddam crap country.
2018-3-17
Use props
Mitch72
Second Officer
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-3-17 22:37
What device are you using. I know there was an issue with the latest IOS version a few weeks back but seems to be sorted now. 2nd time this had happened with the Go App and Apple. Hope you sort it. Woke up this morning to 4-5 inches of snow everywhere. Goddam crap country.

Am using samsung s8+ (android) ..... didn't have any issues until latest firmware... I know where I was in the peak district is a usual spot for Amateur Radio enthusiasts to operate, so just in case my problems were due to interference I went out bright and early this morning to a field about 30 minutes down the road from me.... WELL lol.. everything fired up great, no warnings no squarks all looked good, took off, still everything was good, flew the drone out a few meters... when I let go of the sticks? she just kept on going right out across the field, first message on the controller was rth manual only, none of the sticks would respond, then I get the stick err message, luckily for me the field goes up hill, so she ran out of height and stopped screaming obstruction... So.. I trudged a 1/4 of a mile across this field in the snow to where she was hovering.. Despite being right next to the drone, the connection between the controller and the drone was still failing.. so I took a deep breath, shut down the controller and the app.. While doing this she just sat there hovering, as soon as I turned the controller back on and the app fired up? First message was stick err, split second after the app boldly announced "Returning Home".. so monitoring the progress I trudged back across the field to where I had parked the car and took off, in a layby, praying she wouldn't just randomly land in the middle of the road, thankfully she flew to the back of the car but refused to land, used the force landing option in the app to get her down..... I gotta say, when you think how much these drones cost, it certainly makes ya arse twitch when they fly off like that... and what would seem to be caused by a bad firmware upgrade. I have lost all faith in the dji app now... soooo if you can recommend another app that is reliable i might give it a go, otherwise she will just be an expensive paper weight
2018-3-18
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mitch72 Posted at 2018-3-18 03:09
Am using samsung s8+ (android) ..... didn't have any issues until latest firmware... I know where I was in the peak district is a usual spot for Amateur Radio enthusiasts to operate, so just in case my problems were due to interference I went out bright and early this morning to a field about 30 minutes down the road from me.... WELL lol.. everything fired up great, no warnings no squarks all looked good, took off, still everything was good, flew the drone out a few meters... when I let go of the sticks? she just kept on going right out across the field, first message on the controller was rth manual only, none of the sticks would respond, then I get the stick err message, luckily for me the field goes up hill, so she ran out of height and stopped screaming obstruction... So.. I trudged a 1/4 of a mile across this field in the snow to where she was hovering.. Despite being right next to the drone, the connection between the controller and the drone was still failing.. so I took a deep breath, shut down the controller and the app.. While doing this she just sat there hovering, as soon as I turned the controller back on and the app fired up? First message was stick err, split second after the app boldly announced "Returning Home".. so monitoring the progress I trudged back across the field to where I had parked the car and took off, in a layby, praying she wouldn't just randomly land in the middle of the road, thankfully she flew to the back of the car but refused to land, used the force landing option in the app to get her down..... I gotta say, when you think how much these drones cost, it certainly makes ya arse twitch when they fly off like that... and what would seem to be caused by a bad firmware upgrade. I have lost all faith in the dji app now... soooo if you can recommend another app that is reliable i might give it a go, otherwise she will just be an expensive paper weight

Think we need to get DJI ELEKTRA, SUSAN or THOR on the case. Have you managed to get any flight data out of the drone at all as they will probably ask for it. May need a ticket raising if there is an underlying issue that has arisen. Drop either of the 3 I have mentioned a bell and they will help you Mitch.
2018-3-18
Use props
Marian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Spain

Mitch72 Posted at 2018-3-18 03:09
Am using samsung s8+ (android) ..... didn't have any issues until latest firmware... I know where I was in the peak district is a usual spot for Amateur Radio enthusiasts to operate, so just in case my problems were due to interference I went out bright and early this morning to a field about 30 minutes down the road from me.... WELL lol.. everything fired up great, no warnings no squarks all looked good, took off, still everything was good, flew the drone out a few meters... when I let go of the sticks? she just kept on going right out across the field, first message on the controller was rth manual only, none of the sticks would respond, then I get the stick err message, luckily for me the field goes up hill, so she ran out of height and stopped screaming obstruction... So.. I trudged a 1/4 of a mile across this field in the snow to where she was hovering.. Despite being right next to the drone, the connection between the controller and the drone was still failing.. so I took a deep breath, shut down the controller and the app.. While doing this she just sat there hovering, as soon as I turned the controller back on and the app fired up? First message was stick err, split second after the app boldly announced "Returning Home".. so monitoring the progress I trudged back across the field to where I had parked the car and took off, in a layby, praying she wouldn't just randomly land in the middle of the road, thankfully she flew to the back of the car but refused to land, used the force landing option in the app to get her down..... I gotta say, when you think how much these drones cost, it certainly makes ya arse twitch when they fly off like that... and what would seem to be caused by a bad firmware upgrade. I have lost all faith in the dji app now... soooo if you can recommend another app that is reliable i might give it a go, otherwise she will just be an expensive paper weight

Nice image!

In regards to the disconnect, were you able to check your flight logs? Do you see something like "downlink restored" in the logs? This or a similar issue just started for myself and I am using a Note 8.
If you want, have a look at my topic here. So far it has not been resolved and the Administrator suggested to send it in...

https://forum.dji.com/thread-138774-1-1.html
2018-3-18
Use props
Mitch72
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Marian Posted at 2018-3-18 05:13
Nice image!

In regards to the disconnect, were you able to check your flight logs? Do you see something like "downlink restored" in the logs? This or a similar issue just started for myself and I am using a Note 8.

I haven't looked at the flight logs yet to be honest, will have to see if i can access them
2018-3-18
Use props
Marian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Spain

Mitch72 Posted at 2018-3-18 05:19
I haven't looked at the flight logs yet to be honest, will have to see if i can access them

Thanks, let us know whenever you had the chance.
2018-3-18
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Looks actually very nice
2018-3-18
Use props
escore
First Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft