GoPro??
872 11 2018-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans21d46bf0
New

United States

Will the Osmo Mobile 2 accomidate a GoPro?
GoPro hero5
2018-3-16
Use props
jmzyn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102621 ft

Singapore

pretty sure u can except u would need an adaptor and that because of the wider angle camera, you would need to use the OSMO facing "backwards"
2018-3-18
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

There are a variety of adapters you can get to be able to use a Gopro. Check on Amazon. There are also some youtube videos.
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

No, that would not accommodate a Go Pro unless the company started making mobile devices. If you use any third party adapters, please consider the effects on warranty.
2018-3-19
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-3-19 11:09
No, that would not accommodate a Go Pro unless the company started making mobile devices. If you use any third party adapters, please consider the effects on warranty.

Sorry Mark, but what does an adapter has to do with warranty?
If so, is my phone case also an adapter?

The GoPro will work fine if it is properly attached to the gimbal - but you are lacking control, or use an additional phone
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

LeChuck71 Posted at 2018-3-19 11:23
Sorry Mark, but what does an adapter has to do with warranty?
If so, is my phone case also an adapter?

More on the warranty can be found here: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer
2018-3-19
Use props
jmzyn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102621 ft

Singapore

cant blame DJI for pointing that out.
After all, GoPro was(and maybe still is) a direct competitor when it came out with the Karma & Grip.

2018-3-19
Use props
fans21d46bf0
New

United States

Thanks everyone! I still am going to use the Osmo mobile 2 primarily for my iphone x! I can't wait to use it!! ;-)
2018-3-20
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

Finaly,
Somebody try to mount a Go Pro on Osmo mobile 2 ?

it's very interresting question !
2018-3-20
Use props
fans21d46bf0
New

United States

Mountaindrone Posted at 2018-3-20 05:14
Finaly,
Somebody try to mount a Go Pro on Osmo mobile 2 ?

I haven't. I was only curious
2018-3-20
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

yes, I'm curious too  
2018-3-20
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I use a Gopro 6 with the OM2 with no adapter.  I found a great tip on youtube of someone using a bottle cap and a gopro, and others even have used an eraser to help mount the gopro on the clamp.  So there's no need to use an adapter.  With the OM2 you will need to turn the controls against you but it's doable.  I read the comment about using a gopro will void warranty and I don't see how.  I'm not questioning it and it's great they share their thoughts.  I'm not stressing the motors nor I am modifying it in anyway, except adding a bottle cap to make the gopro stick to the clamp.  The gopro weighs way less than my iphone 8 plus, it balances perfectly, and just sits on the clamp, and even other gimbal companies promote the use of a gopro with their gimbals.  Anyways proceed at your own risk, but I tell you I see no problem with mine.  If anything, DJI should promote the use of alternate ways to use other sports cams etc, for those people who are stuck using an iphone with OIS, which is a pain to deal with not to mention I use a gopro because the DJI Go app doesn't not give me 4k 60.  Anyways, good luck.  
2018-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules