Forum Issue: I'm not from CANADA as my Profile shows.
1204 13 2018-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pyott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4511 ft
United States

I don't know how this got set, missed it or something but there doesn't seem to be a method to change it.  I'm an American living in the United States, but I'm labeled Canada on my Profile.  Nothing against my northern friends but I would like the truth posted under my name.   Many thanks to the admin that can fix this issue for me.
2018-3-16
Use props
dji TO88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

I'm surprised you can't edit this yourself. It's not so bad living here in Canada...
2018-3-16
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It's all about your Internet provider. If your provider has some ties to Canada, it's likely that your current TCP/IP address is somehow showing a canadian geolocation.
DJI forum software has its own georeferencing 'plugin' which uses that info from your provider.
2018-3-16
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I don't know if it was from your IP address or not, but I do know that it's pretty impossible to edit what is shown about you. I started with a Phantom, and when I bought my Mavic, I thought I needed to use a different user name while registering.  Well, that ended up with me having two different DJI accounts - this one showing me with the phantom and the other account showing me as a Mavic owner.  I've tried several times to get the two accounts married, or at least showing on this one that I also have a Mavic.  No luck.  
2018-3-16
Use props
pyott
lvl.1
United States

The forum admins that could probably fix my country of origin issue most likely work for DJI in China and don't speak English.  Hopefully, an admin or moderator will catch this post and help.
2018-3-16
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

pyott Posted at 2018-3-16 21:39
The forum admins that could probably fix my country of origin issue most likely work for DJI in China and don't speak English.  Hopefully, an admin or moderator will catch this post and help.

Use this website and check your location and post the results. Location check
2018-3-16
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

"Well, some people in Europe have the impression that America has made some stupid choices in the past o' five years... so for the next week I am from Canada."
2018-3-16
Use props
1px0ff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237238 ft
United States

Same thing has happened to me.  While I have always wanted to visit Canada, I live in Texas.  No way to change this in the forum.  At least we know it isn't an isolated event
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Keule is correct. The country under your Avatar will change automatically according to your IP address. You can connect another internet to verify. Alternatively, please try to contact the network carrier to check the exact status.
2018-3-16
Use props
pyott
lvl.1
United States

Well, I just researched it.. seems to be an issue.  My provider if Frontier FIOS and this is what I found... https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmi ... ned_to_us_frontier/
2018-3-17
Use props
pyott
lvl.1
United States

Keule Posted at 2018-3-16 22:04
Use this website and check your location and post the results. Location check

According to your link to identifying my location, it shows that I'm correctly ID'd as in the United States in the State of California.  Seems the forum may be glitched.

2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

pyott Posted at 2018-3-17 16:28
According to your link to identifying my location, it shows that I'm correctly ID'd as in the United States in the State of California.  Seems the forum may be glitched.

[view_image]

Thanks for your update. Please wait patiently, I would forward this situation for further check.
2018-3-17
Use props
pyott
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for fixing it!
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

pyott Posted at 2018-3-23 07:01
Thank you for fixing it!

Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to know we finally address this out.
2018-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules