2692 22 2018-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_E0MDNHAJZlB4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3425 ft
Thailand

Hello,

I bought my Mavic air at a UK airport but then 'activated' it whilst on holiday abroad.

Where does that put my warranty? As obviously I will not be able to visit the seller as it is passed airport security.

Regards,
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Generally, the warranty is only available for the place where you purchased the drone. May I have your SN and purchase invoice for a double check?
2018-3-16
Use props
djiuser_E0MDNHAJZlB4
lvl.2
Thailand

Does that mean it's with DJI service or the airport store?
2018-3-16
Use props
djiuser_E0MDNHAJZlB4
lvl.2
Thailand

SN is 0K1DF142BD2Z3
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I referred the local DJI service center. Also, the SN you offered cannot be tracked in our system, could you check and resend? There should be 14 digits in SN, while the one you offered is 13 digits. BTW, please offer the purchase invoice as well.
2018-3-16
Use props
djiuser_E0MDNHAJZlB4
lvl.2
Thailand

Ah that's good then, sorry the missing digit is 0K1DF142BD2Z37

I do not have an invoice just a credit card receipt
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_E0MDNHAJZlB4 Posted at 2018-3-16 22:00
Ah that's good then, sorry the missing digit is 0K1DF142BD2Z37

I do not have an invoice just a credit card receipt

Thanks for getting back to us. The SN works now. Per the system and the info I collected at this moment, the drone should be available in Hong Kong areas which means that you need to send the unit to Hong Kong for service. The invoice will be helpful to clarify the exact status.
2018-3-16
Use props
djiuser_E0MDNHAJZlB4
lvl.2
Thailand

Ok that is not great, the box is clearly labeled (UK) - is there a PM I can send the receipt to?

How does this interact with the UK DJI care refresh I took on this craft?
2018-3-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_E0MDNHAJZlB4 Posted at 2018-3-16 22:41
Ok that is not great, the box is clearly labeled (UK) - is there a PM I can send the receipt to?

How does this interact with the UK DJI care refresh I took on this craft?

I'm afraid that the PM does not work well in uploading pictures. Please try to upload to Google Drive or Dropbox and share us the link in PM, I'd like to check.
It is available to purchase DJI Care Refresh in UK. The coverage region can be different than the region in which the aircraft was purchased. For example, if you purchased your aircraft in Hong Kong, you can purchase DJI Care Refresh for the UK. You can only apply for product warranty service in Hong Kong, but you can use DJI Care Refresh to replace your product at DJI's official EU service center.
2018-3-17
Use props
djiuser_E0MDNHAJZlB4
lvl.2
Thailand

So would the EU service center under DJI refresh cover the the repair costs that are covered by the standard product warranty, without affecting Replacement balance on the care refresh?
2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_E0MDNHAJZlB4 Posted at 2018-3-17 00:46
So would the EU service center under DJI refresh cover the the repair costs that are covered by the standard product warranty, without affecting Replacement balance on the care refresh?

Nope, the DJI Care Refresh only offers up to two replacements within one year, but does not cover any repair cost. You may get a better understanding from here: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4
DJI Care Refresh VS Warranty.png
2018-3-17
Use props
djiuser_E0MDNHAJZlB4
lvl.2
Thailand

It says there " You can still enjoy DJI’s standard product warranty without buying DJI Care Refresh, but DJI Care Refresh can greatly reduce service costs. Furthermore, if the repair costs are covered by the standard product warranty, the remaining Replacement balance on your DJI Care Refresh will not be affected."

So please clarify?
2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_E0MDNHAJZlB4 Posted at 2018-3-17 01:35
It says there " You can still enjoy DJI’s standard product warranty without buying DJI Care Refresh, but DJI Care Refresh can greatly reduce service costs. Furthermore, if the repair costs are covered by the standard product warranty, the remaining Replacement balance on your DJI Care Refresh will not be affected."

So please clarify?

For example, if you buy DJI refresh of your region, you can send your drone to the repair center to get the replacement. But you need to send to the place you bought for repair. Please inform us if you still have doubt.
2018-3-17
Use props
djiuser_E0MDNHAJZlB4
lvl.2
Thailand

Ok that makes sense.

How about my craft? It seems Asif the seller was not DJI authorised.

EU law should mean that the craft still has full warranty in correct region.
2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_E0MDNHAJZlB4 Posted at 2018-3-17 21:42
Ok that makes sense.

How about my craft? It seems Asif the seller was not DJI authorised.

Yes, according to your drone's serial, if you are going to apply for a warranty case, you need to send the drone to Hong Kong first.      
2018-3-18
Use props
djiuser_E0MDNHAJZlB4
lvl.2
Thailand

Ok no problems thankyou!
2018-3-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thank you for your support. Please feel free to let us know if there are any further questions, we would like to help.
2018-3-18
Use props
Swwils
lvl.2
Thailand

I have just been told by support that the craft does indeed have a UK warranty. Is this correct? Can someone check? Very confused!!
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Swwils Posted at 2018-3-26 22:53
I have just been told by support that the craft does indeed have a UK warranty. Is this correct? Can someone check? Very confused!!
[view_image]

We apologize for the response from our support, we have double checked in the system that the drone will need to be sent to HK for warranty service, we will forward this situation to the appropriate team to keep improving our customer support, sorry again for the inconvenience caused. Could you please also PM me your contact number? Thank you.
2018-3-27
Use props
Swwils
lvl.2
Thailand

Ah ok, I see, I think there is confusion between the region and the DJI care refresh comprehensive warranty on a different region.
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Swwils Posted at 2018-3-27 03:21
Ah ok, I see, I think there is confusion between the region and the DJI care refresh comprehensive warranty on a different region.

Really sorry for this. BTW, is it convenient to provide us with your email address when contacting our support? We would like to forward this case to the proper team and enhance our service. Appreciate it.
2018-3-27
Use props
Vegasdad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3471283 ft
United States

I have a friend whose I2 fell out of the sky after getting a critical battery error even worse he just put on the X7 for the first time. DJI says it doesnt warranty in Thailand Something doesn’t sound right. He bought a 2pro while he was here not sure I would have bought a DJI product after that.
2019-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Vegasdad Posted at 4-20 16:54
I have a friend whose I2 fell out of the sky after getting a critical battery error even worse he just put on the X7 for the first time. DJI says it doesnt warranty in Thailand Something doesn’t sound right. He bought a 2pro while he was here not sure I would have bought a DJI product after that.

Hi there, I have just replied to your post here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Dlastpost
If your friend needs any help, please let him contact us, thanks.
2019-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules