A few questions from a beginner drone pilot
865 8 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PEREZ97
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7720 ft
France

Hello to all, i just purchased my first drone from DJI, i got the DJI SPARK fly more combo.
as i first time drone flyer i have a few questions , if someone can clear this up for me ^^

first question. i noticed when booting up the drone itself (not the motors just the drone) it does a large ventilation sound , is this normal?

second question. the 2 right motors when facing the camera are a bit tighter than the 2 others will this be a problem in the futur? when i stop the drone the 2 motors stop 3 seconds before the other 2 (flys ok now, no problem noticed)

third and final question. my drone app says that it is in "no positioning ATTI" and i do not pick up any satelites,this is a problem because i can not set a home point for the RTH option. can someone clarify this for me ?

thanks a lot =)
2018-3-17
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the GPS, have you taken it outside, turned it on, and let it sit there for a few minutes?  The first time may take quite a long time to acquire the GPS stats.

The fan seems normal to me.  
2018-3-17
Use props
PEREZ97
lvl.1
France

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-3-17 05:01
For the GPS, have you taken it outside, turned it on, and let it sit there for a few minutes?  The first time may take quite a long time to acquire the GPS stats.

The fan seems normal to me.

Hi Kloo Gee, thanks for the reply for now I did not try it outside yet, it is currently snowing so I will give it a go later, thanks ! PS keep up the good job on youtube
2018-3-17
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

For the first question, yes, it’s normal.
2018-3-17
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most of the time for me, i have to ascend about 10 ft. to get good GPS signals, but after awhile as it sits on the ground signals will come. As for the tight motors, no. They should all have the same resistance as you turn the props.
2018-3-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wait for a home lock to be set and all is normal
2018-3-17
Use props
PEREZ97
lvl.1
France

OK, Thanks for the replies!
2018-3-17
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

1) Yes
2) No, check with DJI Support
3) Take the drone to an open area (without any obstruction i.e. tress) and leave it switch on for a few minutes as mentioned above. Sometimes you have to lift it above ground and hover at about 2-3m to avoid any obstructions.

Hope it helps!,,
2018-3-17
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

About the motors: I understand you haven't really  used the drone yet, so the motors (and its bearings) are hardly "broken in". I would check again after a few flights, and if they still feel tighter, you might have a problem.
2018-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules