DJI GO 4 update on CS
795 8 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wildtales
lvl.2
Hungary

Hi DJI!
We fly an Inspire 2 with two pilots on 7.85 CS Ultras. This was the first time we updated the DJI GO 4 (it was the first time that update was available) on the CSs since we purchesed them in october 2017.
Since the update none of the slide-switches work in the camera settings menu! You can slide them, they become green, but they have no effect. If we quit settings and then go back, the sliders are black again.
In the previous version I could dedicate one of the C buttons to calling up the camera settings menu, but this option is not available any more.
(On one of the CSs in the camera setting menu the overexposure slider is green all the time but we are unable to turn it off, no matter what. Also many times on startup we got the error massage that DJI GO 4 stopped working - The previous version was totally reliable.)
As we are professional wildlife filmmakers, histogram is a must, for example.
We rebooted the bird and monitors several times, but nothing has changed.
So what now?
How can we downgrade the CSs to the previous version? Should we do the factory reset?
As we are going to shoot on location during the next 3 weeks we need urgent help.

Thnx

2018-3-17
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I get several crashes also. Often it happens when starting up DJI Go 4.
2018-3-17
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I never had an issue. Maybe you need to resotre it and start over again. Probably something went wrong with the upgrade.
2018-3-17
Use props
wildtales
lvl.2
Hungary

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-3-17 06:49
I never had an issue. Maybe you need to resotre it and start over again. Probably something went wrong with the upgrade.

Maybe you are right Atellani, but we have the same issue on two different CSs.
2018-3-17
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I've not had significant issues either. Yes Go4 sometimes has to be restarted after the CS has gone to sleep but if its before take-off, that's OK. Generally have been pleased with CS.
2018-3-18
Use props
wildtales
lvl.2
Hungary

Please DJI Mindy, Elektra, Thor, anybody answer to our question as we are on location now, and the shooting is on!
We really rely on the features of camera setting!

Thnx
2018-3-20
Use props
wildtales
lvl.2

As we didn't get any official advise or reply from DJI we started shooting on this week.
And today the DJI GO 4 app crashed during flight!!!
In the beginning (after six minutes flying) there was some freezing for a couple of times (around one sec each time) and I thought maybe this happened due to weak signal. But it was not as on the cameraman's CS everything went smoothly.
One minute later the app crashed totally!!!
And not just that but soon after the CS has turned off ! Hasn't gone standby it has turned off! (battery at 67%)
The bird was around 800 meters away line of sight and I had to watch the cameraman's monitor to be able to carry on with the shoot and fly back safely.
And of course in the flight record on this monitor we have a shorter and "unfinished" flight. (By the way this happened before when we should have used the Hot Swap feature midflight!!!)

So the new update on the CS is so NOT reliable!
Beta testing on customers is a not too ethical marketing strategy!

2018-3-24
Use props
fans8eaa1373
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269163 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since updating  Firmware in Cendence, I lost "capture button" function and have to use the CS to shoot photos. I guess I have to be grateful that it was not anymore serious loss of other more vital functions.  DG4 also crashes more readily.
There is still no POI even using the native RC despite apparent addition in the recent update.
I also cannot connect my computer to I2 to calibrate vision positioning sensors.

It appears the new firmware added other new problems while solving some, the continuing saga of DJI
2018-4-22
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-3-17 06:49

Also for me everything is ok!
2018-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules