Weak Active Tracking
464 4 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8f10708a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132467 ft

United Kingdom

Just trasting out my new osmo 2 with both the Galaxy S5 & S8 and im finding the Active Track is very weak, if it looses its subject very easy and i've been testing it for a good few hours, can anyone give any pointers that might help as its much needed
2018-3-17
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

The one pointer that I would offer is to be careful when you make a turn using it.  The quad will not follow in your exact path.  Rather, it will cut across to get behind you again.  If you happened to turn near a tree, there's a very good chance the quad will cut the corner and hit the tree.  Best thing to do, I suggest, is practice with it in a very open field.
2018-3-17
Use props
fans8f10708a
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Stanford thanks for the help but i was refuring to the Active tracking of the osmo mobile 2, i didn't name it as i thought this group was for that subject but im new here so sorry fof misleading
2018-3-17
Use props
1px0ff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237238 ft
United States

I have noticed the same thing.  I think the software is looking for the the exact same "looking" object that you selected.  I notice the tracking stops working if you try to orbit the subject.  For instance, if you select a person's face, then try to walk around that person, the back of their head looks much different from their face, and so the software looses the subject.   Same is true with non human subjects.  If you were to select a water bottle sitting on a counter that had the label facing you, then tried walk around the water bottle, the software is not going to easily identify the back of the bottle because it looks so different.  I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is not to go crazy with the object tracking, you can't just let it do all the work.  If you work with the object tracking then together, you will have a better shot with the subject always in frame.  Hope that helps some
2018-3-17
Use props
fans8f10708a
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi and thanks for the input, the issue i have is i bought the osmo to act as a cameraman in my workshop and for it to track me as i work, in that situation i cant keep watching it and if it looses me i wont know until i do my editing and this could make my project un workable
2018-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules