Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GPS problem
10692 26 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb9b066d5
Flight distance : 21355 ft
Tunisia

hello everyone!
I wanted to talk about my misadventure with the spark,
two days ago I wanted to show to a friend the mode "gesture", I started the drone in the palm of my hand, the propellers started normally, just after that it looks like the spark hesitated to take flight, the propellers slowed down and the drone made a drop of 1.5m!.. for me nothing bad, I know that the spark is tought drone, only the next day I realize that the GPS does not work, after trying to change firmware, to make a reset ..
I opened the drone to check the inside, and I see the GPS antenna in pieces ... it looks like the GPS antenna is in direct contact with body shell upper top, so the slightest impact arrives on the antenna. I need to use my drone for a personal work that I'm doing, so I had to find a way to fix it, I took the external GPS antenna off my car and I got it connected to the GPS module, but as it is not the same size I was forced to put it outside. I do not know if this kind of issue is supported by the warranty, but it would be nice from DJI to send me a small GPS antenna.
the antenna itself i cannot find it on the internet, and the complite module is around 60euro.
honestly i'm not ready to spend more money for a drone that flew only 20mn and crashed without reason

IMG_3740.JPG
IMG_3753.JPG
IMG_3751.JPG
IMG_3755.PNG
2018-3-17
Use props
dj_dread
Captain
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

sorry for your incident!
i don't want to be the one carrying bad news, but the moment you opened up the Spark by yourself voided the warranty. you may want to open up a ticket with DJI support though.
2018-3-17
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Please resend this to DJI and tell them about the ordeal!
2018-3-17
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Mate scratch my message earlier! It looks like a user error to me. Even if there was no gps, you at least should take full responsibility when it is in ATTI
2018-3-17
Use props
KurtVD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

Palm take off is kind of "sketchy", i.e. I've noticed that you get quite a short window for launching it, probably for safety reasons. I've had the same situation you've experienced, fortunately on softer ground, since then I haven't used palm take off anymore.

However, as stated in post #2, you've probably voided your warranty by repairing it yourself. And to order parts, this isn't the right place, I'd rather contact support.
2018-3-17
Use props
chamchoumino
Tunisia

As i said i need the spark to be flying theses days, I really don't have the time right now to send it back to DJI and wait for them to fix it and send it back to france.
I already send a message to DJI with pictures, I hope they will reply soon.
What is done is done, worst case I'll order a GPS module on Internet, but I was really disappointed to notice that a so small impacts damaged the antenna, it seems that the antenna is too close to the plastic top shells,  I'll buy a protective silicone case to protect the upper area of the drone.
Maybe I have removed my hand too fast while lunching it in gesture mode, but the propellers where turning, otherwise I'll would have jumped to catch it
2018-3-17
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't believe using the GPS unit from your car worked with the Spark! I would have never guessed that. Crazy!
2018-3-18
Use props
Anuvis
First Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

easy fix.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Spa ... :g:KqgAAOSwiBJaStVL
2018-3-18
Use props
chamchoumino
Tunisia

Thank u Anuvis ! Yes that a very good price, I'll buy it from there, I found some protective accessories I'm thinking to buy too,
With the GPS I installed on the spark , he's working very fine, but he looks ugly too
image.jpeg
2018-3-18
Use props
chamchoumino
Tunisia

I found a GPS antenna on amazon pour 5euro, my module work , so by replacing just the antenna it should work, I will try that first.
I'll post the result once it is done
image.png
2018-3-19
Use props
chamchoumino
Tunisia

Hello ! Just I wanted to give you an update of my GPS issue,
I have received the GPS patch antenna 18x18x2mm, it fits perfectly, and it seems it's working fine, got 12 satellites , I'll try again tomorrow in a different location, so if someone had similar issue, the 5 euro antenna works fine and it's very easy to replace.
2018-4-5
Use props
Firehawk989
First Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Nice work! If you haven't done it already, make sure you take the plastic films off of all the sensors. That might be what caused your crash in the first place.
2018-4-5
Use props
chamchoumino
Tunisia

Firehawk989 Posted at 2018-4-5 13:06
Nice work! If you haven't done it already, make sure you take the plastic films off of all the sensors. That might be what caused your crash in the first place.

You are right ! It still there
2018-4-5
Use props
chamchoumino
Tunisia

I'm back
image.jpeg
2018-4-5
Use props
RjMllr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

Is it flying again?
2018-4-5
Use props
chamchoumino
Tunisia

First test yesterday, lock with 15 satellites.
image.png
2018-4-6
Use props
BMelody
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3146 ft
United States

OUTSTANDING!!! Good job. I have not had a chance to analyze one of those ceramic antennas. Black Magic I guess. Nice cover-up with the decal.
2018-4-6
Use props
juan stoffberg
lvl.1

United States

chamchoumino Posted at 3-17 23:03
As i said i need the spark to be flying theses days, I really don't have the time right now to send it back to DJI and wait for them to fix it and send it back to france.
I already send a message to DJI with pictures, I hope they will reply soon.
What is done is done, worst case I'll order a GPS module on Internet, but I was really disappointed to notice that a so small impacts damaged the antenna, it seems that the antenna is too close to the plastic top shells,  I'll buy a protective silicone case to protect the upper area of the drone.

Hi there.  My spark fell today and I have a silicone case over it and mine well yes gps doesn’t work. I openly it and also noticed that the antenna is literally making contact with the top shell. Although I dont see any damage but it still doesn’t want to work. I just ordered a new module and waiting for it now
2018-11-5
Use props
chamchoumino
Tunisia

juan stoffberg Posted at 11-5 18:11
Hi there.  My spark fell today and I have a silicone case over it and mine well yes gps doesn’t work. I openly it and also noticed that the antenna is literally making contact with the top shell. Although I dont see any damage but it still doesn’t want to work. I just ordered a new module and waiting for it now

Usually we see physical damage , as you have already ordered an a god module, you can try with a soldering iron to remove the old antenna (held by just tin in the centre) and check it from the bottom, even a small crack can damage the antenna.
2018-11-6
Use props
juan stoffberg
lvl.1

United States

chamchoumino Posted at 11-6 00:08
Usually we see physical damage , as you have already ordered an a god module, you can try with a soldering iron to remove the old antenna (held by just tin in the centre) and check it from the bottom, even a small crack can damage the antenna.

I checked and it was cracked. Im so disappointed in the design. Ill give you an update when I get the new gps module. Can you send me a email? Then I’ll reply on there if its oky. juanstoffberg@gmail.com
2018-11-7
Use props
Flighty
Captain
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

chamchoumino Posted at 4-6 03:16
First test yesterday, lock with 15 satellites.

well done for a good local repair,,,
2018-11-10
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Very good work handyman!
DJI won’t help you at all in this case I think though

Fly safely all and enjoy
Alex
2018-11-10
Use props
Air Dji
New

United Kingdom

I was flying my drone it was about 200ft high fell from the sky and sent all the proof forward to dji
they said send it in
then I got sent a bill after then replying to them saying I sent proof that you agreed with they accepted it but still sent it back to my self broken

Now I have opened it myself disgraced with the company and sending my Dji air back also have seen the same problem as yourself
2019-2-17
Use props
djiuser_hdX291rLAmD7
lvl.1

Switzerland

chamchoumino Posted at 2018-3-19 23:01
I found a GPS antenna on amazon pour 5euro, my module work , so by replacing just the antenna it should work, I will try that first.
I'll post the result once it is done

Hello, I have the same problem and wanted to ask if you cold post the link for the antenna because I coulden't find it on amzon.
that would be nice
2019-3-18
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

djiuser_hdX291rLAmD7 Posted at 3-18 08:36
Hello, I have the same problem and wanted to ask if you cold post the link for the antenna because I coulden't find it on amzon.
that would be nice

Just doing a short search on ebay I can find some GPS modules:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Neu-GPS- ... :g:7EIAAOSw-RhaYaVG
or
https://www.ebay.de/itm/GPS-Modu ... :g:i~AAAOSw6IdcP~F7

I am not affiliated with them, and I don't know if these are genuine parts (probably not...).

Nothing on Amazon though.

Cheers & HTH,
Wolferl
2019-3-18
Use props
Proteous
Second Officer
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07955 ... ef_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
2019-3-18
Use props
Almar T. Estremos
lvl.1

Philippines

How many weeks to comeback my spark when i sent back to dji service center? Im from philppines

My drone problem is gps weak?
2019-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules