Downlink Restored
1959 8 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InTheReeds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347103 ft
United States

I forget what message popped on the screen, I just remember the video went to grayscale then black, then back to normal a couple seconds later. I was in LOS so didn't panic, but it's still scary when the drone is hard to see and you lose video.

1. Does this message mean the remote disconnected or the remote just lost video signal?
2. What can cause this to happen?

Happened for 2.5 seconds just after the 3 minute mark on this flight. Wasn't around any buildings, houses, power lines, etc. iPhone was in airplane mode with OTG.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/SWPAOPXVN7I0NFHM845E/

Thanks!
2018-3-17
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Was it in eyesight or in line of sight like the moon lander and its landing position is?  Video signal can be interrupted by other devices using that channel.  Why was it scary as you can see your drone and the icon arrow on the DJI Go app can be used to navigate the drone back to yourself.  Turn the drone until the arrow is pointed back at yourself and push the right stick forward.  

The video feed is incidental to a successful radio control aircraft flight.  It's not needed.
2018-3-17
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

when that message pops up is usually just the video lost. you can still control your drone. if the drone loses the connection to the RC it is designed to return to home immediately.
2018-3-17
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

It happens to all of us mate! No image transmission signal is the message that appears. If it does happen I suggest you do not steer the bird in any way and wait for the feed to be back. If it never reconnects then use the map on the lower left corner as it will tell you where the take off coordinate is and also the bird’s location!
2018-3-17
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

This has happened to me a few times. Once I lost the video feed and RC completely disconnected from the AC. AC returned home safely.

It means that video link is lost for 2.5 seconds. This is at 393ft Alt and 1328ft.
If you had this problem again just make sure your RC antennas are directed at the drone so the transmission is stronger and wait a few second for the Downlink connection is re-establish. if not, as mentioned above use the navigation map on the phone to turn the AC towards you and bring it closer so the Wi-fi signal strong enough for the video feed..

Check your WiFi range for your region. See below

938849B9-2335-42DD-A871-53E15B25AD5F.jpeg
2018-3-17
Use props
InTheReeds
lvl.4
United States

Good stuff. Thanks for the feedback all.
2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

InTheReeds Posted at 2018-3-17 19:26
Good stuff. Thanks for the feedback all.

Did you solve the problem? Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-3-19
Use props
InTheReeds
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-19 23:32
Did you solve the problem? Please keep us updated, thanks.

Yeah, I don't really see it as a problem as it doesn't always happen. The flight I linked to was just the longest I've experienced this and wanted to dive in to see what it meant.

Thanks!
2018-3-20
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

400 feet up and nearly 1/2  a mile away.... and you could see it!   Must have good eyes.
2018-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules