P4P Gimbal Issue, large off centered Camera
853 3 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nicolas ZerOine
lvl.1

France

Hello everyone !  

I usually find everything I need as information to repair my drones myself, but this time i still out of solution ...  

After a crash the gimbal was impacted (from below), the Yaw motor died (a winding wire sectioned and a piece alluminium broken (where attaches the three screws from the motor's top)).
The gimbal was properly stabilized on the Roll and the Pitch, but the Yaw was inactive (normal considering the condition of the motor).  So I ordered a new motor (@ banggood, the good version (v2)) and replaced it.

The stabilization is well back on the Yaw axis, and the other axis but ... But the reference position of the camera (forward) is shifted 30 ° to the right (almost in abutment). .. The gimbal works well, but not in the right direction ...   
I did the usual manipulations, gimbal calibration (flat and with the drone on the rear engines (90 °), IMU, compass ... Nothing works. Even the fine tuning of Yaw in  DJIGO 4 App is useless , I can gain a few degrees but it is not enought.  

Stranger, when I do a gimbal calibration with the drone on the rear engines (90 °) the platform is positioned perfectly (in the axis, stabilized as it should), but if I rebased the drone in the classic position, the gimbal takes again his erratic position.  
It seems to me that the gimbal is trying to "turn around" we can see on the video that when I force the camera to turn to the left, the new reference position is to the left, with the gimbal that forces in abutment.  

Here is a video that will allow you to better visualize the problem: (i can't post direct link so you will have to copy/paste the video's title on youtube : DJI Phantom 4 Gimbal issue : large off centered camera (vidéo posted by "Je suis Moi")

Would anyone know of the existence of a user interface for the DJI nacelle (more specifically P4 can be) ?
Because there is a micro USB port on it, I must be able to connect to it ... But it can be a diagnostic tool reserved for DJI ...  
Thank you in advance for your help !
If you want more details, do not hesitate to ask.

2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Nicolas. Please post the link again. Since your drone crashed before, did you contact our support and start a case? If not, please send it back for check: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-17
Use props
Nicolas ZerOine
lvl.1

France

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-17 22:36
Hi, Nicolas. Please post the link again. Since your drone crashed before, did you contact our support and start a case? If not, please send it back for check: http://www.dji.com/support

Dear Elektra...
Thanks for your total useless answer...
I'am MAD about your damned "after sale services" !! We can ask 1000 differents questions the only answer is "Sorry for inconvenience, please send it to us for repair."
I need answers not sneding it to repair.
You have lot of typical error (you just have to see on "internet" the tons of user experiencing the same issue) and you NEVER give another answer than "send it to us"...

Please don't answer anymore to my topic if you have no idea of this issue or solution to solve it thanks !
2018-3-19
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

I am guessing that you are asking for a proprietary development tool that the company does not provide to the public.   
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules