Replaced entire gimbal camera unit, can't upgrade firmware
728 6 2018-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd67d9811
lvl.1
United States

I installed a new camera gimbal unit, the whole thing. Now I cannot get the aircraft firmware to update. When I connect my ipad to the P4P it will not continue with the update. The ipad continually beeps with a "not charging" error, over and over.

I am wondering if i need to activate my P4P due to having replaced the entire gimbal camera unit?

Any suggestions appreciated.
2018-3-17
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Have you tried a factory reset?
2018-3-17
Use props
Developer_Mode
lvl.2
Spain

Conecta tu phantom 4 directamente al PC e intenta actualizar con DJI Assistant
2018-3-17
Use props
fansd67d9811
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-3-17 13:35
Have you tried a factory reset?

I have not, and it's exactly what I think is needed. Unfortunately the only avenue seems to be through Assistant 2, and my MAC refuses to connect to my drone. I understand certain drivers must be in place, and I i have those installed, but, alas, no dice.
2018-3-17
Use props
Brent Turner
lvl.2
United States

fansd67d9811 Posted at 2018-3-17 14:33
I have not, and it's exactly what I think is needed. Unfortunately the only avenue seems to be through Assistant 2, and my MAC refuses to connect to my drone. I understand certain drivers must be in place, and I i have those installed, but, alas, no dice.

Have you tried opening the mac security and allowing the DJI software to be uploaded? I just had to turn off security long enough to allow the DJI assistant to upload. Mac wants to block the app.
Good luck
2018-3-17
Use props
fansd67d9811
lvl.1
United States

Brent Turner Posted at 2018-3-17 15:24
Have you tried opening the mac security and allowing the DJI software to be uploaded? I just had to turn off security long enough to allow the DJI assistant to upload. Mac wants to block the app.
Good luck

Yes, the APP is installed, and I had to give permission. There's just no connection. I tried to just do the firmware update from the DJI GO 4 app and a similar thing occurred, that is, it could not connect to the drone. I am suspecting that the port on the drone may be nonfunctional.
2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansd67d9811 Posted at 2018-3-17 16:05
Yes, the APP is installed, and I had to give permission. There's just no connection. I tried to just do the firmware update from the DJI GO 4 app and a similar thing occurred, that is, it could not connect to the drone. I am suspecting that the port on the drone may be nonfunctional.

Hi, did you replace the gimbal on your own? Please shoot a picture of your camera. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules